Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kidney Problem

Default Kidney Problem

Not sure if anyone can help with this.

Has anyone's child had a problem with there kidneys.

Alexander has to go for an ultra sound on Thursday to check his right kidney.

The paediation (sp?) said is could be
    "dilataion if the right ureter with a possiblity of a duplex collecting system" not to sure what it means other than he might have 2 tubes coming from his right kidney.

We do not get the results until the 16th June. Not sure what happens next if he does have this problem.

Would love to hear from anyone that can help.

TIA

I'm sorry I don't have any more information for you Michelle, I hope everything goes well for him & he doesn't need the tubes.

When Matilda was going through tests to identify her reflux we had to check and make sure it wasn't renal reflux like Lochie had for Gillian, and thats about all the information I have on it. *hugs*

Hi Michelle,

Sorry I dont have any information for you, but I just wanted to give you my best wishes that everything goes ok, and it turns out to be nothing too serious.

Am thinking of you

We had a renal reflux scare with Kameron when he had a UTI last year and was meant to go and have that procedure done with dyes like Jillian mentioned but their machine broke and then I just plain forgot. He hasn't had an UTI since though, and if he had problems he would get them regularly. Not sure what the other means.

Goodluck

Love

I went through the renal reflux thing with all three of my kids! Emma was on medication for 12 months and then hers cleared up on its own. Jack didn't have to have medication but had to be monitored for 6 months and I am supposed to take Asha back to have her second scan but I haven't organised the appointment yet!

I don't know anything about a double tube at all though, sorry! I hope all works out okay for you though.

Cheers

layla Guest

Hi Michelle, no advise to offer but I'm just wishing you and Alex all the best. I'm sure he'll be fine. 8-[

Mum2boys

I mentioned to my GP after I had Jack & Asha about Emma's problems with renal reflux and they sent us off for ultrasounds and scans just to be on the safe side. Jack only ever had the ultrasound and Asha only had the scan but I must arrange her follow up visit. Asha's was so mild they said not to worry about the medication and Check on it again in a few months!

HTH

CHeers

Alexander had his ultra sound today poor little thing cried the whole time as he had to have no clothes on. He does not have the 2 tubes coming from his right ureter but both his kidnesy are dilalated (sp?) so not all his product waste is coming out it is backing up in to his kidneys. The nice lady that did the scan said it is nothing to worry about and it is very common in boys. I now just have to wait until next week to see the Dr to find out what happens next.

Michelle, I am so glad Alexander doesn't have the 2 tubes coming from his uteter. Awww the poor little fella, crying the whole time. Give him a big kiss and cuddle from Auntie Kazz for me.

Just a quick update.

Alex had his appt at the hospital yesterday he has to have another kind of scan done as his tubes from his kidneys are dialated. He has to have a catheter put into his willy then some dye put in to see what part os blocked if he is blocked near his bladder he may have to have an operation to unblock it but we will not know more until after the scan. He is also on medication to stop him getting a bladder infection also i have to make sure he does not get sick in anyway.

Default reply

Michelle, thinking of you and Alexander, hope all turns out for the best sweetie. K&H xxx

Melinda Guest

Oh, poor little Alex!!

When do you have to have the next scan done? I imagine that will be really hard for both of you!

I have to phone on Monday to book the scan. They said yesterday he would only have it if he really needed it and they phoned today to say he must have it done.

Michelle sorry to hear about Alex. There is nothing worse than having your bubbas poked and prodded. Good luck!

Yeah that is the scan that Kameron was meant to have done but i forgot to book the appointment since I had to wait a few months as Womens & Childrens machine broke two day before he was supposed to have it, and it would take a month to be fixed and Lyell Mc was redeveloping that area so he couldn't have it there either.

Goodluck with it all

Love

Michelle, Goodluck with the scan on Monday, I hope it all goes well and isnt too traumatic for little Alex.

katanya Guest

Michelle, no advice for me re kidney's but I do know what it is like to have tests on your precious baby , big :hugs: from me, hope the scan goes well, if it is common that is a good thing because there is more chance they will able to fix the problem easily

Alexander has his scan booked for Friday. *Fingers crossed* everything goes okay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast