Thread: Kindyroo?

Question Kindyroo?

Has anyone been to one of these classes or know anyone who has? We have a 9 week old and saw the advert on TV - it said they have newborn classes and it helps with their muscle development etc. I looked up the website and everything looks good, just wanting some feedback.

Thanks in advance

Hi, my DD went to this the last 2 terms. we started when she was about 4 months. I think they talk themselves up a bit too much - My daughter has hypotonia (low muscle tone) and sees a physio for this. The teacher told me that she thought my daughter had something wrong with her brain - not her muscles - which I was not very happy about as she is not trained to diagnose this, so I trust my paediatrician and physio much more than her. My DD enjoyed it but in the end I was sick of the teacher taking all the credit for every milestone my dd acheived! If you are looking for a bit of fun - go for it but dont believe that it will make your child develop any faster than what they would have if you hadn't taken them!

We're going to BabyROO in Melbourne, and it's fun. There's lots of singing, dancing, tactile activities (touching) and then some "gym" activities which for DS's age is really just tummy-time.

It's good fun. There's about 12 Mums and Bubs in our group. DS fell asleep in the first class but was more alert in the second one. I think he's the youngest in the class but only by a week or two.

Google GymabaROO and there should be more information there.

As for Erybery's experience, that's disappointing. The woman running our BabyROO class talks about how the babies experience things but she would never suppose to give out medical advice. Boo to that!

We've done Gymbaroo since DD was 4 months old and she LOVES it. I will be honest though, she didn't always love it when we first started as it was hard to work around her naps and feeds. That would be my main reason for not taking a baby as young as yours. The exercises and massage are great and I'm sure they would be beneficial but I honestly think it would be a bit stressful getting there or not being able to relax due to a tired or hungry bub, IMO, and possibly a waste of money. It's not cheap at $17 a visit.

I would highly recommend it when your LO is older though. I love that I have an hour of dedicated one on one time with DD each week. It's not that I don't spend quality time with DD every day but it's hard not to get distracted by house work, cooking, Belly Belly (LOL!), etc so I love our time at Gymbaroo. My DD has recently moved into the next class (11-15 months) so we spend a lot more time on the equipment now just playing and exploring. Our teacher is fabulous and has always has brilliant advice for both DD and I. DD's favourite part of Gymbaroo is dancing - she goes nuts, it's adorable!!

Thanks everyone so much for your feedback. DH is going to take her for a trial session next Tuesday to suss it out. I was a bit worried Taurean about all the things you mentioned, but our DD doesn't sleep during the day so we are trying to find things to occupy her/wear her out!!

Thanks again all Xx

Quote Originally Posted by starangelk View Post
    Thanks everyone so much for your feedback. DH is going to take her for a trial session next Tuesday to suss it out. I was a bit worried Taurean about all the things you mentioned, but our DD doesn't sleep during the day so we are trying to find things to occupy her/wear her out!!

Thanks again all Xx
    It will definitely wear her out!! Enjoy hon! Remember, if it doesn't seem that great to begin with, stick at it as it does get better and more and more enjoyable for both of you

We just started DD at Gymbaroo a few weeks ago and she's 18mths now. She enjoys it, we mainly joined up for the cool climbing equipment they have for the kids!! Not so much for the music and singing/dancing part as we also have a music class we attend once a week elsewhere for that and have done so since she was 8mths

Our teacher at Gymbaroo is lovely with the kids and talks about how each activity benefits them in different ways etc! Our class is 12mths to 2yrs age group.

We do gymbaroo too. Have done since DD was just starting walking and she's 3 now. I love the physical part of it and the educational stuff, like expanding their vocab and visual association with words.

I'm not sure about whether I would go for the baby version of this - seems very expensive for some tummy time and songs. With #2 we will likely wait until just walking again.

DD loves it though and it is a great time to spend with her.

Default Kindyroo

Hi,
    I started my little boy at kindyroo in brisbane when he was 16mths. I think it is absolutley fabulous! Definitely helps his development - movement and speech - in leaps and bounds. I probably wouldn't have taken him as a baby as I think it's a lot of money without much gain... but will definitely start my 2nd child as soon as she starts walking.

starangelk I hope your trial went well? I took DS to gymbaroo from 11 weeks and it was great. They hand out a flyer every week with information about helping babies development and talked about the importance of massage etc. I found it made me so much more confident with DS and gave me ideas with what to do with him at home to keep him amused.

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate your responses. DH did take our little miss but he felt that she was too young to appreciate the class. He was impressed with it though and we will take her in the future. Just trying to find something he can take her to once a week to give her some extra stimulation - we are now looking into swimming lessons.