Thread: labour on tv

Default labour on tv

i was watching a show on tv the other day which tracked a womans pregnancy and birth. when it came to the giving birth part all the memories rushed back to me. the way it starts out slowly and then the pushing bit and the moans and screams she was making made me think, oh my god i know how much she is hurting right now and that i don't want to be doing that again any time soon. but almost immediatly after she gave the final push and you heard the baby crying i remembered that feeling as well and thought well doing it again soon wouldn't be so bad after all. i got all teary and cuddled and kissed my baby to death!!!!

Things like that do bring back the memories don't they!!
    DH & I are in the process of deciding when to start TTC for our second and all I keep thinking about is 'can I go through the labour again, gawd it hurt'!! The end result is worth every second though.
    BTW: what show was that, was that on paid TV or free-to-air?

I dont think a day goes by i dont stop and remember the days of events. Its always on my mind. Im the same when i watch baby shows...i end up in tears....not sure it its cos i know ive been there done that, or cos im so happy i have DD. Its strange.!

I sounds like a pay tv show.....the new one on foxtel hosted by Antonia Kidman....cant for the life of me remember the name. But then there a few shows that are similar on pay tv about PG and birth.

LOL! Is that "From here to Maternity"? I watch all those shows on Foxtel. whenever it shows the labour I'm saying to DF, "I'm never having another one, not going thru that again, Ash can be an only child!" Then after the bubs is born I'm then saying "oh look how tiny, I want another one, remember when Ash was that small..."

Im exactly the same. I go from ouch to awwh.LOL
    There is some good ones on Discovery Health. Maternity Ward, Birth Day and House of Babies are a few more I can think of.

Ooh the show sounds fantastic!!

I think we're all the same - we definitley don't want to go through the pain but when you see the end result you'd do it in an instant!! I'd be a mess watching that!! hehe.

I am the same. I LOVE watching births on TV........I hold my breath as the woman goes through it and I feel every memory of my births come to the front of my mind. And I ALWAYS cry, always, when the baby is born......nice crying, happy crying.......my DH thinks I am mad......

I love all those shows too! DH thought it was a phase wen I watched them all through my pg with Riley but now I still watch them! I always cry too, or say I want another baby- DH just shudders LOL.