Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamp vs Nightlite

I just used a lamp initially in our room, but you get so adept at getting up at night now I don't turn anything on.

In Darcy's room someone gave us a cool nightlight. It's Winnie the Pooh and is battery powered and it turns off after 10 minutes. Good enough to check on bub/find the dummy etc. And it gives her something to look at as she drifts off. It's tied onto the side of the cot out of her reach.

mo3 Guest

It might be 'dangerous' to suggest this - but we have a great one from Ikea.

If you can be trusted in an Ikea store, then I recommend them. Otherwise, a 'Moonglow' one would be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    oh look I don't mean to freak anyone out - but I heard that red light globes attract spirits, too late I've already freaked myself out.
    Really? Cool, Only good spirits visit me (because I say so lol) so if any wanna come and comfort Isla while I sleep then great!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We went to Babies Galore today and blew a bit of money!! We found a couple of nice lamps there that we may go back for and just use a low wattage bulb. Otherwise the nightlight that turns itself off sounds good too.

Rosy try Target, it's in the Winnie the Pooh baby section.

Fee Guest

I feed DS in his room and just turn on a lamp. I've never had any problems.

We use DH's PDA because its backlight is quite bright... Wow, how geeky does that sound when I write it down?! I guess it's basically about the same as a nightlight, but we already had it so we didn't need to buy a new light when DD was born

I have a angel night light and its great. Not to bright like a lamp but just bright enough to see what you are doing!!!!

We used the dimmer on the normal light to start with then went through 5 or 6 lamps before coming to something we were happy with! I got a little clock radio from Coles, MTV brand, and it has an analog face that has a blue light behind it. It's just enough to be able to see & Zander loves the ritual of turning on his special light each night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12