Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late immunisations

Default Late immunisations

Now i know some people delay their kids immunisations for reasons and thats fine by me.

But i have a quick question.

Generally my kids have always been done on time (withing 1-2 weeks) of them being due. However my DD2 is now 8 months old and i still have not done her 6 month needle...

Is there going to be a big problem with not having that done yet? As far as Roto Virus one goes?

I will be doing them this weekend hopefully.

Another question:

How late can i delay DD1 18 month needle...thats the one i dont really want but i feel bad not doing it cos ive jabbed her any other time?

Kim, i won't comment on the actual immunity side of things cos i have no idea - though from what i've read, immunising isn't the be all and end all - some parents are opting not to immunise their children with no ill effect, so i'm going to assume being a little bit late isn't a drama!!

what i will comment on (cos i actually know this bit ) is that, if you are using child care, your CCB will cut out if you don't have your children up to date with immunisation, or your GP hasn't lodged an approved catch up plan with the immunisation register (or conscientious objection if that is the case - before i get in trouble from anyone!). if it cuts out, you won't be eligble for CCB until you're kidlet is up to date again and you provide the evidence to FAO.

sorry, figured i'd pop in and mention it cos i'm pretty sure you've mentioned using child care in the past

BG

Thanks BG....i dont get any CCB as it is cos DH earns to much money....they have sent me a letter to say Jasmine isnt up to date and wont be getting any CCB til she is...but we dont get any anyway..LOL

it will work against you for child care rebate (the 30/50% one) too - as you have to qualify for CCB to get CCR - and given that you are working from home, you should qualify for that one - from that perspective, i'd be getting it done sooner rather than later

and up til this sunday, if your kidlet was up to date you'd be getting minimum rate CCB (16.74%) as even millionaires were entitled to it til the end of this week!

Thanks heaps BG....i think for her safety ill get them done this weekend anyhow.

Money means nothing to me...0% on childcare fees hurt though....both girls are in FDC now!

Neither girls are up to date...Jasmine need her 6 month and Chelsea needs her 18 month (however they have paid her immunisation allowence..woohoo)!!

Immunisation allowance only involves up to 12 month injection as 18 month isn't "compulsory"

So if i didnt give the 18 month one ever....would Chelsea get classed as 'not up to date'?

My MCHN mentioned something that the Rotavirus one can't really be delayed, it has to be started and completed within a certain time frame. Sorry can't remember what that was, other than there was very little room for delays.

the 18 month injection is, as far as i know, not compulsory on a federal level for MIA purposes as it didn't exist when the MIA was introduced. with regards to CCB/CCR, i believe it will be a requirement though as the childhood immunisation register will notify that you're not up to date

Hi,
    Isabella is eight months and will be having her 6mth immunisation next week as she had her 4mth needles at 6mths as she was unwell and doc said to wait at least two months if all that makes sense. So timing doesn't really matter.
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dianne

Rotovirus cannot be given over 6 months as it has only passed testing requirements for up to 6 months. So there is no way that can be given now. With the others it really makes no difference. CP can be given at any time so there is no need to stress about that.

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    the 18 month injection is, as far as i know, not compulsory on a federal level for MIA purposes as it didn't exist when the MIA was introduced. with regards to CCB/CCR, i believe it will be a requirement though as the childhood immunisation register will notify that you're not up to date
    Eeeek I had better get Riley done then cause we need the rebate. I hadn't had the 18 month needles cause I decided he didn't really need them but I may have to change my mind.

mrsmac, bg is spot on. J had his late as he'd been ill and we got the immunisation allowance but I had to get a letter from the GP or we'd have lost the CCB. You get a letter 30 days before they stop it though, so you could wait until you get that.

Kim - we were late too, only had them done yesterday and didn't have any problems. I didn't know about the rotovirus one, but I just checked his blue book and they didn't give it to him. He had it at 2 months and 4 months. Not sure if it's on the schedule for 6 months??

Not sure Willow...i assumed it was as the Dr always said it was 3 doses (so i guessed 2,4 and 6 months).

I am thinking of sayin no to CP and getting the dr to write a letter or something.

I don't know for sure as that went onto the schedule after T, but I think rotovirus is just 2 & 4 months. But I think it only lasts for 12 months or so anyway, so I wouldn't say missing the last one at this stage would be a big deal anyway.

Bugger, looks like I've got some investigating to do then...I can't believe she didn't say anything to me about it if it IS on the schedule but they didn't give it to him...grrrr...

**ETA, thanks MR, will double check but not going to stress about it...

The vaccination course of RotaTeq? consists of three doses and is recommended to be given at the same time as other vaccines included on the National Immunisation Program at two, four and six months of age.

The first dose of RotaTeq? should be given no later than 12 weeks of age and the third dose should be given by 32 weeks of age.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast