Thread: Late walkers??

Default Late walkers??

Hi,
    Just curious to know whether any of you have a late walker. DD isn't walking yet, I'm not concerned as her brother didn't walk until he was 24mths but just curious to know at what age did they take their first steps.

Regards,
    Dianne

my ds was 13 1/2 months when he took his first steps and is still a bit wobbly on his feet.. as you said, you have nothing to worry about if your dd isn't walking yet cause you know she will when she is ready..

My Dad didn't walk till he was 2 according to family legend

My DS2 was 18 months when he finally walked. We were getting worried but he was crawling from 6 months and cruising from 9 but just didn't want to walk..

my others were all around 12-13 months

My second didnt walk until 16 months. I put it down to the fact that it was winter and she was always in grow suits and socks etc, and we had very slippery wood floors. She would walk around the furniture from 13 months but just wouldnt venture out on her own.

My aunty says she didnt walk unitl she was two. But gran always tells me that babies back then stayed more like babies for much longer. She was stunned when my DD first lifted her head off my shoulder and looked around... hers didnt do that for 6 months!

My DD#3 has been walking for about 4 weeks.....so about 17 months she started.....
    She only started crawling at 13 months too.

Dont be too concerned....i had given myself a time frame of 18mths...if she wasnt walking or even looking like she was walking then, i was going to go see someone. Deep down i knew this day wouldnt happen, i knew she would walk eventually, but i think OTHER peoples comments often get you in a tither. I had so many 'ohhh arent you worried?' and 'maybe if you get a walker' blah blah...we tried it all....but she sooo wasnt interested in walking....
    She also had 2 older sisters to get her things - why the heck would she have to walk - she would just grunt for a toy and one of the girls would run and get it for her.....not silly by any means, rather smart!!!!

Its still early days hun....but i do understand your worry. GIve it time...she will find her way....

my DS (now 18 months) took 1st steps about 3 weeks ago and still isnt very confident - he is improving though. i think you know in your head not to worry but it isnt easy not to, esp when ppl comment and you compare (as we all do). Also i think walking (like crawling which my DS was also v late on) is one of those v visible milestones, so it makes it doubly hard.
    it will never hurt to see someone (though i dont think your dd is old enough for that yet) i figure and i also thought if he isnt showing signs by 18 months (he was cruising) i will take him, just to be sure it isnt a huge prob.
    you know it is all ok... but i know it is good to hear it!

Son # 1- walking at 11 months.

Son # 2- walking at 12 months.

DD # 3-walking at 13 months.

Son # 4-walking at 14 months.

Son # 5-walking also at 14 months.

DS1 was walking at 14 months
    DS2 was walking at 10 months. DS2 is super small and it looked really freaky for him to be walking that small, people would freak out when they saw him because he only looked about 6 months old.

I have a friend who's daugther is 20 months and still not walking. The have had her 'checked out' and nothing seems to be medically wrong, she is just an extremely lazy baby and is not interested at all in getting up and walking around!

My DS walked at 18 months for 2 days and was then hit with a bout of gastro. he didn't walk again for another month... so I guess it was 19 months.

Jaidan was 13.5 months, Chase was 8 months. Ashton will be early too cos he is pulling himself up on things already. My nephew was 18 months. See the pattern? Neither do I

DD1 was walking at 15 months

DD2 was 17.5 months when she walked

woah, 8 months missymoo, that is sooo early - it must've looked very strange!!

woah, 8 months missymoo, that is sooo early - it must've looked very strange!!
    My DH's nephew was walking at 9 months...and it looked wrong....he looked like a midget. He was also prone to more injuries, i guess being his age....we cant win can we ???!!!!

Yes Ash ended up in hospital with burns to his hands from the oven, a bump to the head from falling off the bed, and a sprained wrist from falling over. Way more prone to injuries. It did look a little funny but he was also tall for his age.

I have a girlfriend whose little girl didn't walk until about 18months or barely even crawled. They too had her 'checked' out but she was fine. She just wasn't interested in it. She was very good at doing things, like eating with a spoon and fork very early and drinking out of a cup with no lid from a very early age though, things that my DS is still getting the hang of! I think they all just develope differently.

DS didn't walk until 21 months. We thought he would be 18 and down the pub with his mates and they would have to pass him his beer as he sat on the floor.

He just suddenly stood up and walked. Now, he runs.

my friends' DD is 15mths and not walking. I dont think she's even cruising yet