Thread: Leaking poo

Default Leaking poo

Poo always seems to come out of our baby's nappy. He's exclusively BF at the moment and I'm forever washing his clothes as he poos on them at least once a day. Is this normal or are we not putting the nappy on right???

Are you using cloth or disposable?

Explosive poo's are common in BF babies!! But the covers on cloth nappies definately help contain it in!!!

Like Bummi's or baby beehinds....

my daughter used to do explosive when she was a bub, and i agree with Tracey, a good cover will contain it Good luck, and hope you sort it out soon so you can do less washing

I've had to deal with lots of frequent new born poos leaking out of nappies regardless of them being cloth or disposables.
    You could still use a cover over a disposable to try and contain the mess a bit if you are using them.

I have found my DS has many many more up the back poo nappies than either of his sisters. Breastfed babies do tend to have runnier poo, Riley is on solids but has already pooed on 2 outfits today already! (You just get used to it I think)

i now use cloth...but with disposables there is a 'trick' to it - the leg ruffles in the huggies work best if they are not tucked in...

I also really believe boys are worse at explosives, my boys were much worse than Anneliese think it just the make up of their bits... (the way they are downstairs...)

What brand are you using? I know Jesse would always leak with his Huggies Newborn (only wee though), until i put him in the next size up... he hasnt had a leak since.

OMG DS is breastfed and he's doing these explosive poos once a week that just get everywhere! And trying to get the dirty clothes off him without rubbing it all over the rest of him is a challenge let me tell you!
    I hadn't thought of using cloth covers over his sposies though, thanks ladies!!

We're using Huggies or Baby Love. At least I know it's normal. DH and I were beginning to think we had to get someone to show us how to do it (put the nappy on).