Thread: Leg sticks out at right angle when trying to crawl

KelliC Guest

Default Leg sticks out at right angle when trying to crawl

My 8 month old gets up on all fours ready to crawl and even does the rock to and fro, but each time she's ready to go her right legs sticks straight out to the side(almost like she's doing the splits) I don't know if this is something to worry about or not?? I dont remeber this with my other 2 so if anyone else has experienced this please let me know..Thank you so much..x

Hi there,
    My DD half crawled, half commando crawled for ages where one leg would be fine and the other would drag out behind her. She has a physio work with her because she has lax muscle tone so that it was difficult for her to pull her legs together. We tried a boob tube like thing to hold her legs together (but I felt mean and didn't put it on her much). Anyway one day she just started crawling properly!
    I don't know if your bub would have anything like this wrong - but you could always check with your MCHN or a physio or chiro to make sure there is nothing physically inhibiting her. It may just be a learning thing for her. Has she been doing it long?

Mason used to do this!

I thought it was weird until I realised it was his way of trying to sit up. Angus didn't do it at all.