Thread: a little beside myself.....

Fraser Guest

Default a little beside myself.....

ok so Charlie has two bottom teeth and it wasn't really that much of an issue when he got them - meaning he didn't scream or cry or do anything too abnormal.

I *think* he might be getting more teeth - he wont drink much when BFing - he will eat solids though - he is very very grizzly all the time - he has a bit of a rash around his chin and he has had some very runny nappies.

He doesn't have a temp or anything like that so I'm pretty sure he's not sick.

Last night and the night before he has been waking every couple of hours grizzling and crying and isn't really very hungry but just wants to sleep on me - last night at 9.30pm I gave him some baby panadol - I have never given him any before (I kind of forgot about it) - I thought it might help him with any pain and maybe get him to sleep for a bit - but no - he woke at 12am, 1.30am, 3am and 5.30am.

He has had a 1 1/2 hour sleep this morning - I just fed him some vegies and rice cereal and have popped him down for another nap because he is super grizzly and rubbing his eyes - but he just wont go to sleep - he is currently working himself up and getting very very mad at me.

sorry for the long post but I just don't know what to do - do I give him more panadol (although it didn't seem to work)

arrrrggghhhhhh I don't know if I'm doing the wrong thing - perhaps he should go to the Dr - but my instincts tell me it's not illness it's teeth - but then I don't know - because how do I know what I'm talking about....

oh god!

Em- I wish I could tell you whats wrong, but I think it might be teeth as well, Maybe just give hime a long bath, I know that helps Charlotte relax, or try and feed him to sleep.

Good luck

Fraser, are you using some form of teething relief like Bonjella?

Also, I found Nurofen for children to be more effective for Maddy than panadol.

I second the Neurofen - I think they can have that from 6 months? Brauers do a teething relief mixture too which has always been good for DD if you want a bit more of a natural remedy.

I also found Nurofen helped Aidyn when he was teething as Panadol did pretty much nothing (I think because the Ibuprofen in Nurofen targets inflammation a lot better than paracetamol).

Have you tried freezing his dummies, or giving him a cold bottle of water to suck on? i found that would give Aidyn some temporary relief...

We also used the Brauers teething relief too, which also seemed to help.

Brauers Teething Relief worked wonders for Zander when panadol didn't touch the pain.

Whats Brauers teething relief? I think Zains cutting his bottom right front tooth and has been really grizzly and kept waking up all night. Poor little thing. I was in zombie mode, but he was really grumpy.

Brauers do a homeopathic range of products. It's completely natural, no drugs in it. We used the Calm to help Zander learn how to sleep through at around 18m, we've also tried the pain relief & colic relief which were all fantastic

Oh thats sounds great - Ive never even heard of it. Gee, I wish I had of read this 6 kids ago, ROFL! Are they just at the chemist or health food shops as well? Would the calm work for anxiety do you think (Sorry Emily about the hijacking) ?

LOL Chemist has the range... we use them too for teething & calm for sleeping. I use the calm when Matilda is very anxious & it tends to help settle her too especially if I get to her pre-tantrum. I use Bach rescue remedy as well for anxiety in Matilda (health food shop).

I meant anxiety in me hehe.

LOL I haven't tried the Brauers but I know the stomach one works in adults I use Bach remedy for me & its helped.

I wanted to try Brauers when Maddy first started teething at around 4 months old, but it wasn't recommended under 6 months. I know Panadol & Nurofen weren't either. Not that any of this is applicable to you as your little man is over 6 months!

Fraser Guest

Thanks guys - I made DH run out on his lunch break to grab some Brauers Teething relief - we used the colic relief so I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier

He's chewing on a rusk at the moment - he had a two hour sleep but still seems a bit unsettled - teething ring is in the fridge - can't will it to cool down any faster.....

Brauer's teething relief is actually fine for bubs under 6m. The instructions say to give infants under 6 months 1ml.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Brauer's teething relief is actually fine for bubs under 6m. The instructions say to give infants under 6 months 1ml.
    Thanks Angel...I must be thinking of another natural therapy in a bottle that doesn't recommend for under 6 months.