Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The little bugger bit me!!!!

Angry The little bugger bit me!!!!

Yes, like the title says, my adorable (not!) DS just bit me so hard I've come up in a welt. It hurt so much that it took all my will power not to hit the little.. darling.... I've never been so tempted to hit someone since this stupid mole stole my Bros tape in grade 7 and wouldn't give it back to me (eventually I got my revenge with a hockey stick.. but thats a completely different story).
    So just wondering people's advice as to how to stop him from biting me!!! Whilst I commend myself for having the willpower to not smack him this time, if it happens again and he draws blood, I might not have that again!!!!!!!! And the funny thing is, its only ME that he bites.. not DH!!!!!!! Grrrr....

DD is shocking for this, I smack her hand and she will stop it for the time being but then will later do it again.. it funny (well not really funny)that you say he only bites you not DH cause DD only bites me & her Nonna.

I almost shout "No! Ouchie!" and put DS on the floor without toys for 30s as I tell him not to hurt Mummy. I then pick him up, kiss him, say I love him but I don't like being bitten.

DS then runs to Daddy to tell Daddy that Mummy is mean.

Took twice, but he doesn't bite hard now (gentle nips sometimes, but we play like that so that's OK).

Before he got teeth I had little love-bites all down my arm from him. My friends used to call me a floozy!

my DD has been biting at daycare (has been averaging 2 a day) it is really hard because I have no control over her discipline as she doesn't bite anywhere else except daycare.
    She has gone to bite me but it is like she realises what she is doing and thinks twice about it and stops.
    I've told the girls to use time out and give her a teething ring when she bites but it is really frustrating to know that she does this and there is nothing I can do about it until I actualy see the behaviour.

Well i'm glad my DS isn't the only vampire in the world then!!!!! Thanks guys... :-)

paradise lost Guest

She's only done it once (bloody hurt) and i was so shocked i "missed" the right moment to react, but the next time she went to do it i put my fce close to hers and growled "Don't you DARE bite mama!" and she didn't and hasn't since. She didn'y cry or anything but also looked a bit shocked and definitely thought twice about it.

Bx

Daniel tries to bite me when he is getting tired. The more grumpy he gets, the more he bites. I am lucky, however, as he only has his bottom teeth.

I'm trying to combate it now before the top teeth make an appearance.

I havent had this problem, but when my brother was small he bit my dad, so dad bit him back (just hard enough to get the message that it hurts) and he never bit again. My SIL has the same problem with her eldest shes nearly 2, but she bites her if she gets mad or is in trouble, SIL doesnt reallly do anything about it which i guess is why she still bites - she has also bitten chunks out of my DD's windowsill - not that SIL will admit it was her but Em wasnt crawling when i first noticed them.

I would say I did exactly what ryn did. And my kids don't bite. It has to be consistent though, its something you need to do every time, and both parents need to be onside as well. Please don't jump on me, but I wouldn't bite back, it gives very mixed messages in that the child will think that if someone does something you don't like to them then you have permission to do it back and thats not the case for most things.

I laughed so hard when i read this thread! My little angel has given me welts/teeth impressions for over a day, I told her sternly 'no lily, that hurts mummy' and i put her down for a bit, she got the message but thought it was all pretty funny! Its nice to know iam also not alone!!

Bite him back! not too hard obviosuly, but he will get the picture. My dd did this once, and my instant reaction was to do this straight back to her, she never did it again.
    Apparently the same thing happened with me and my mum too.

my DD did this for a little while also at that age.
    As hard as it is best thing I found was to ignore it completely, no words, no eye contact, absolutely nothing, no reactions what so ever, just put her down and walked away, she soon got the message that if she did it then she wasn't going to get anything in return.
    For Abby she really did it for a reaction I think, whether it be positive or negative, they just love to see reactions and facial expressions, ....gee I wonder if I can make her do that again.

I used to also work a lot with autistic children and this method of behaviour therapy worked wonders.

HTH
    Laura

He did it twice again today... and has been the most horrible child!!! So (don't judge me) but I gave him a gentle whack when he did the first bite today, cos it was on the inside of my thigh and KILLED, and then put him in the middle of the room alone (no toys) and then left the room. I went to the toilet (part cos I needed to, part to stop me killing the little bugger) and then he crawled down, crying of course, and then gave me a huge smile, and I"m like, oh cute... ok, come to mummy, and then he BIT ME ON THE FINGER!!!!!! OOHHHH THE PAIN.... I just picked him up, plonked him on the floor and walked away again. I think I will kill this kid!!! and to think, I'm having another one!! what the hell am I thinking!!!!

Sorry, but your post made me laugh! little darlings arent they!!!!

just bit him back!! its probably a power thing.... looks like youre having an "early" terrible twos!!!

PFfft... the way he is going catriona, he'll be lucky if he makes 2... or doesn't get adopted out in the meantime!!!! God I hope the next one isn't like this!!! I might pack up and leave home.. or wrap myself in bubble wrap.. yeah.. thats a better idea..

hee hee - i am sure he will. my cousin was an absolute brat of a child, he got expelled from pre school!!! who gets expelled when they are 4 anyway???

it was all a huge joke when he made it to 18

Aricyn's Mum, I have only one thing to say:

"What a little poo!!"

Sorry, i must say i laughed too! Mabey he's hungry??!! (LOL!)(joke)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast