Thread: Lol, Why does it matter?

Default Lol, Why does it matter?

Why is it that if I put DS to bed before 9pm he wakes up. 5 minutes, 1 minute before it doesn't matter. 5 minutes after and he stays asleep. He could have been asleep in my arms for the past 30 mins and he still wakes. Alternatively he could have been asleep for 5 mins as long as it's past 9 he'll stay sleeping.
    What's the difference? Why does that 5 minutes matter?
    It's kind of funny, but irritating too. Not sure what I actually hope to gain from this thread. Just found it odd....

Routine, LOL..

My DD was like that with 7.30 She would drop off after a bottle at 7.30 onwards,but if I tried earlier, even 7.25 it would take half an hour or longer even if she had missed her day sleep/s and is really tired...

DD is like that too. When she was a baby, she would wake for a 9pm feed and back down at 9.30pm. It's like it never left her - she STILL doesn't sleep properly until after 9.30 and she is FOUR now!

We used to have this with DD#2 but it was MIDNIGHT she wouldn't go to sleep at. Grrrrrr.

These days she requests her own bedtime, usually sometime around 7:45-8:15. And sanity prevails now

It is funny though, I found it funny that for rather a few days in a row last week she was getting up at exactly 7:22.

they're funny little people, that's for sure! DS usually goes to bed somewhere between 7-7.30. last night he had a shocker of a 2nd nap & was mr grumble bum so we decided it was an early night for him. then it took an hour to get him to sleep & he went to sleep at....7.15 how do they know?!!!

I've never been a routine mum, but from the sounds of this thread, I really need to get a watch! Might make things a whole lot simpler for me!

It is strange isn't it? I used to wonder about a similar thing with DS. He would always wake at 5am. Whether it is winter or summer, dark or light, it was always the same time.

Hmm, this thread had made me think. I put DS2 to sleep early last night (6:45 rather than 7:00) and he woke multiple times during the night as usual, and then was up for the day at 5:10! Maybe next time he's tired at dinner I'll try to hold him out till 7pm, 'cause I'm tired today.