Thread: Long-haired babies and haircuts

Default Long-haired babies and haircuts

Would you cut your own baby's hair?
    I have given Natalie's fringe a snip before, but that's it. And I think I need to do something about it, LOL! It is really in her eyes. I keep a clip in it, but not for sleeps and often the clip falls out.
    If I took her to the hairdresser, would they cut off all her lovely hair?
    Who's had a good hairdresser experience with their baby to share with me?!

we took our eldest for a haircut at 9 months. We said we just want it neatened up so it isn't all in his face. they did what we asked and no more

Caeleb had his first hair cut at 13 weeks. LOL - It was long and hanging over his ears. He just had his second one at 20 weeks. Both times, the hairdresser got me to sit on the chair and hold him. She was gentle and sweet with him. I think he quite liked the attention from her. He gave her loads of gummy grins.

Celsie. xoxox

p.s. She also gave us a lock of his hair to put in his baby book!

DoubleK Guest

krystal is 17 months now, im thinking about getting her hair cut, i'd like a fringe, so the rest of her hair can go in a pony or pigtails..

i know of a hairdresser that i just for kids, they have the kids sit on play cars and stuff, instead of a regular chair etc i guess a regular hairdresser would do just a good a job, as long as Krystal is in a good mood! lol

Yasin isn't fond of the hairdresser so I've stopped going - I just do his fringe when it reaches his eyes and let the rest grow.
    He looks a bit like a hippy but I don't mind.

Thanks all for your replies... I still couldn't bring myself to take her, so I just gave her hair a little snip at the front to keep it out of her eyes... Not the straightest cut !

Snacks, If you just grab her fringe in between your index and middle finger ensuring they stay horizontal so you don't go too uneven, you just get the points of the scissors and do little snips with the blades going vertical giving a softer appearance to the cut rather than a blunt cut where you are more likely to notice unevenness. Phew! what a sentence I hope I made sense there!

I just cut Daniels hair today for the first time.

I did a fantastic job with a comb and a pair of hair scissors - even if I do so say myself.

Daniel was sitting of the floor in front of the recliner and I just sat in the recliner while he played with his toys. He thought I was just playing with his hair.

I've collected it and put it in a bag for prosperity.

Thanks for the tip, Sarah. I'll give it a try next time - and not wait until it gets as long, LOL!
    Good one, Lesty. I've kept Natty's hair too.

You guys are lucky to be able to talk about hair cuts when your bub's are so young! DD1 was bald til she was 2 1/2 - 3. I could get it into a pony by 3 1/2, but after all the hard work getting it there she gave herself a haircut & we lost the lot again!

Then DD2 came along & had hair to her shoulders by the time she was 18 months. DD1 must've got jelouse coz she cut it all - well half off. It was back up to her ears, then 2 weeks later cut the fringe too!
    It's just getting past her shoulders again, but the curls just aren't the same. They were ringlets, now its just wavy.

Don't you just love kids!

Skye. I remember cutting my friend's hair as a little kid

I let it grow & just tied it back for both girls, Zy man's is over his ears now too, not sure what to do with him!????

Hey Natty, uncle Daniel can do it with the clippers like Riley's!!!!!!!

Tracey, I just left Imran's until it was really long and then people kept telling me what a charming little girl I had so I got it cut. I sooked afterwards because his gorgeous baby hair was gone - now I'm just letting it get long again lol.

Yeah, it must be tough with boys - they'd look funny in hair clips.
    Mrsmac - Natty said she'd pass, but thanks very much all the same! LOL