Thread: Lots of Sleep today..

Question Lots of Sleep today..

DD is 3 1/2 months old and for the last while she was struggling to sleep more than 21/2 hr naps per day and come time for her last feed @ 9 she would be WAY over tiered and going crazy... I tried eveything and I wcould not get her to sleep..

She sleeps 9 - 12 hrs EVERY night straight trough so night time was and is not a problem..

So some today and she did 11 hrs over night BUT she has had like 5-6 1/2 naps today as well... now I know that this may be a good thing but because she is not doing this usually I am worried!!

She doesnt have a temp and is scoffing down all her bottles and is happy and chatty and playful I dont thing she is sick...

I guess I just wonder why so much sleep today??

Silly to be worried about no sleep and now worried about lots of sleep... AAAGGGHHH..

Any advice would be greatfully recieved!

Thanks Kate xox

sound like the 3 month growth spurt. Very normal.. and its known, the more sleep they get during the day, the better they sleep at night. Ive been told they grow more in their sleep so thats the reason for her sleeping abit more and she wants more milk to help with all that growing she has to do. You may notice next week her pants are alot shorter than they were!!!

Thanks Hollye!
    I didnt think about that! She is actually off the charts for length already (as her dad is 6 foot 7!!) so I struggle to find pants for her now!!
    Thanks for that info!!
    Kate xox

your very welcome! expect another between 4-5 months! lol

Natty did this a couple of days too when she was about 3mo. I was worried as well, but she actually went back to normal after... I think it was two days? (And she used to catnap during the day and sleep all night long too, until 4 mo.)
    If she is drinking well and otherwise well, I'd think you can just sit back and enjoy it while it lasts!!!