Thread: Lux Flakes

colleeg Guest

Default Lux Flakes

Hi all
    Im just wondering if anyone uses Lux Flaxes. Can you do the whole families washing or is it just for nappies? :-k

Thanks Colleeg

I've read that it's best not to use lux flakes on nappies as it coats the fibres and can make them less absorbent. It also has a rep for gunking up washing machines. Not what you were asking I know, but just thought I'd mention it

I was told that to stop it gunking up your washing machine you should run a hot cycle without any clothes or detergent every week or fortnight, and that will clear away any build up.

Bon

I used Lux for the first 3 months of Matilda's life, and I used to dilute it first in hot water (2 cups) to disolve it first. I also would run a small hot cycle load with nothing in it to help clear up the gunk every week O

I've used Lux on Willmartin's bedding. Bought some fragrance free laundry detergent for his other clothes though. I love the smell of it ... it always makes me think of babies.

Like Christy, I dissolve it thoroughly first in hot water. Re de-gunking, I found a nice hot cycle with some baking soda and vinegar seems to do the trick too.

colleeg Guest

I didnt know it could gunk up the machine, i guess because its pure soap. But I suppose doing a hot wash does the trick.

So I take it for all hand washing its a great product to use?

I use Lux flakes on all our clothes. Did not know it could gunk up the machine, I am off to run a hot load with nothing in it \/

Cass

I use Amolin laundry wash for any washing that includes Gus' things. Much prefer it to Lux flakes.

I use Lux flakes. I haven't had any trouble with them.

I use Amolin or Purity liquid detergents for Isabella's clothes & nappies etc depending which one is on special. When she ws first born I took notes on how many loads of each I was getting per bottle / box and it worked out cheaper to use the liquids plus it is soo much easier than to disolve it just before you do a load.

I was alos told that if you use other detergents etc for your own clothes when these run through the machine it will de gunk it.