Thread: Making the house child proof!

Default Making the house child proof!

Just wondering at what age did you child proof the house?

Emerson has started getting into cupboards already :eek: and I'm thinking I may have to get cupboard locks etc. He's getting into everything!!

When it comes to this area I'm clueless. What brands are best?? And I'm in a rental so can I take them with me when I go or do they stay put??

Thanks so much!

Yep - its a fun old time of it huh?
    Not sure about the rental side of things. I reckon you should probably approach your landlord and ask what they want you to do.

I have minimal ornaments and EVERYTHING is up high.

I just put everything up higher so Madison could not reach it, as for the cupboards, I let madison into the tupperwear cupboard and she has never really gone into the other ones.

Yep, the time has come. For cupboards I like the magna-locks but you have to drill holes so might not be ok for a rental. I would ask the landlord. Otherwise you can get ones that stick on the front of the doors and come off without doing damage. You can then take them with you when you leave. I would also get powerpoint protectors and move things up higher. If you are in a capital city, a visit to the kidsafe house is well worth it, and you can buy the things there too.

I had all locks on the kitchen doors until Sammy figured out how to open the dishwasher and climb in!!!!:eek: So we put up a gate and just love it....he cant get into anything and isnt under my feet while cooking so the gates are defintately worth while and are rubber on the ends so would be ok for a rental. We hae power point protectors and like Nat have everything pushed back.

Jo