Thread: Me Locked Out - DD Locked In!

Default Me Locked Out - DD Locked In!

Didn't know where else to post this - not a boo hoo (though could easily have been a MAJOR boo hoo) and not a woo hoo.

Anyhow, what a drama we had this morning. I'd put DD in her walker so that I could pop out to the back garden. When I tried to get in again, I found the back door locked. No idea how this happened unless DD had bashed the bolt lock with the walker and accidentally locked it.

So, I'm locked out and DD is locked in. Our back garden is enclosed by three 10 foot walls so no way of getting over any of them. And my phone is inside.

So here I am, trying to stay calm and figuring out what I should do.

Took me about 10 mins to work out the ONLY thing I could do was climb up the ladder and shout help! In my jim jams.

Now our neighbours both sides are both elderly ladies. One is in her 80s and doesn't speak much English and the other is 93 so not the most promising of helpers!

Luckily after another 10 minutes of shouting help, the DIL of one of the neighbours came out so I made her get her mobile and then phoned DP. And also luckily, he was in the city and not in the middle of nowhere which he could well have been because he's a train driver.

So he arrived home about 30 mins later. PHEWEE!!!

DD was fine though I'd just about exhausted my game of pulling funny faces at her through the back window. And damn lucky she was in her walker too so I didn't have to watch in horror as she crawled around into dangerous situations.

What a start to the day!

EEk.. that would have to be my worst nightmare...!!!!
    I'm so happy she is ok

and btw - I hope they were good lookin jarmies you had on!!! haha!!!!! Cos mine are ones that shouldn't see the light of day..

Glad it worked out.

What a story to tell DD when she is older.

Oh Kameron did a similar thing to us when he was a toddler. Thankfully he was just old enough to understand and after about 10 mins of us telling him what to do, he pushed a chair over to the sliding door and pressed the button to unlock it, just as Andrew was trying to find a window to break in to.

Love

Oh man, that would have been terrifying! I'm so glad it all worked out OK!!

Luckily our neighbours have a set of our keys in case something like that happened to me!

Ok, this truly is something that I have nightmares about. And once I thought it had happened. Kudos to you for keeping your cool, and I'm so glad it worked out well.

How scary. I'm glad everything worked out okay.

Glad it all worked out - that's why I double check the door when I go out to hang out the washing, I'm paranoid that I'm going to get locked out with DD inside.

happy ending !! this sounds like 'alfie gets in first' if any of you have read it!

Fiona

Glad it worked out. I can truly relate as I locked myself and my DS when he was a newborn out of the house. I had to place DS on the ground in order to use a wheelie bin to scale the gate to then unlock the door. Got a spare key now hidden just in case that happens again.

So glad it all worked out in the end.....

My DD done a simular thing to dp while i was at the gym.... he went out our back door (our front door was always locked as dd could open the door) and she shut the back door behind dp .... she was in no danger what so ever and he would have broken the door or window to get in if she was... but i came home abt 40 mins later wondering what he is doing outside sitting at the door talking to dd

Oh gosh how terrifying. I always dread that sort of thing so always take my keys out with me if I am going outside. I am glad she was ok.

Yep - Sure is the recipe for nightmares!!

We had a similar situation... DS locked himself in the car! We were out for dinner and on the way to go home... putting him in the car seat and gave him the keys to distract him, the door slammed shut as it was close to the wall and DS pushed the remote and locked himself in!

I stood on the side of a busy Melbourne street in tears waiting for roadside assistance... luckily DS was blissfully unaware of the drama.

Aren't we lucky it all turned out OK and now we have great stories for their 21st b'days!!!!

OMG, how terrifying for you! But had a little chuckle at you having to pull faces for 30 min to your DD through the glass Thank god it turned out ok in the end.

Thanks guys - glad I'm not the only one to be involved in a locked in/locked out drama!