Thread: Medihoney??

MichelleBrissyMum Guest

Default Medihoney??

I am a little confused I was told honey was dangerous for babies but now I have been given a sample of Medihoney nipple balm and I was wondering what the difference is? I thought honey contained botulism spores can anyone shed some light for me?

Hey sweetness.

I haven't heard of it in a nipple balm before, but I have used medicated honey cream for lachlan's dermitis/eczema when he was a baby and it worked really well. Never heard of honey being dangerous for that matter LMAO.

Love

I would be asking a doctor or chemist, because i too have heard honey is bad for kids until they are about 3 or 4yo.

My SIL used honey to heal her cracked nipples in the early days - it might be the same product.
    Maybe use it, but defintly remove it all before offering bb to baby? At least until you can get a qualified opinion on it.
    I still haven't given Jenna honey - its the only thing she's got left to eat, and I though you were supposed to leave it til 2 or so.
    Fi

MichelleBrissyMum Guest

Kathryn, a doc told me not to give a baby under 12mnths Honey as it contains Botulism spores. I questioned it when Deanna was a bub as I saw it on an episode of ER... heee heee