Thread: Migrastick and breastfeeding

Default Migrastick and breastfeeding

Just wondering if anyone has heard of Migrastick (helps get rid of bad headaches) and whether it is ok to use for breastfeeding Mums. I have checked their website, and there is no mention about breastfeeding and whether it is not safe, yet other websites selling this product recommend it not be used by breastfeeding Mums.

I bought it today, and I have been suffering headaches and neckpain for a while, and today I felt the best I have in ages! So I really want to use it!!

Is that the one with lavender & peppermint? Coz I think you need to be careful with peppermint essential oil during pregnancy & breastfeeding.

Yes Liz - it is Bummer! I didn't realise how much these headaches and sore neck was making me feel miserable until I had relief today.

Oh well, back to the chiropractor again next week

Is there a contact number on the packaging ?? Maybe you could try to contact the manufacturer and ask them for their advice.

Hoping you get some relief soon hun.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I looked into it after Elijah was born and pretty sure it was a no to use, as I went into pharmacists and asked about it and didn't buy it. My mum swears by it though, it sounds so good Your neck pain my be causing the headaches - why don't you see a Myotherapist (works magic with my headaches from neck probs), remedial massage therapist or chiro? That way you are fixing the root problem and not a symptom.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Thanks everyone. I looked on the internet last night and apparently peppermint oil isn't recommended even when breastfeed.

I have been having these headaches due to the weight of Cooper and probably the way I hold him etc. I felt wonderful when I started going to the chiropractor, but the last 3 visits, within 5 days, I am back to getting the same pain, and try to cope with it at least til 2 to 3 weeks, because it is getting expensive!

Thanks Kelly, I will look into Myotherapy. So far I have also tried nerve therapy (no luck) and may also look at an osteopath.