Thread: Milk pimples

Default Milk pimples

My cousin has a little fella 4 weeks old and just wondering as he has little like pimples red in color on his face and have gone to the side of his head, we are wondering what she could use to assist these and are they milk pimples??

Thanks

Jules

They certainly sound like milk pimples. Lily had this and i found nothing but time made it go away. Took a few months for it to completely disappear.

I'm pretty sure it's a hormonal thing due to all the preg hormones floating around in the bubs body for a while. And yup like Tegan says they go away after a few months.

Same with my bubs, but I found they were worse when I was using breast shields, as they held milk against her face for a while.

Yep hormonal rash, best thing to use is Sorbolene with 10% Glycerine & do not over heat bubs...
    But they do go away, in a few weeks!

Coco has them at the moment and I just leave them. I remember when Tilly had them, I ripped up every photo of her with them, the poor bub, they were everywhere. Coco's is not as bad, but they are still all over her face and neck. Im think they lasted only a couple of weeks last time. xoxo

Milo has had these from birth, though they've started to clear up now.

Apparently its hormonal, more common in boys too cos they don't so much like the female hormaones left over from birth etc.

My MCHN says they should be cleared up by about 8 weeks old, and not to use anything on them until then.

In the meantime, we don't use anything in his bath water when washing him either.

Thanks girls for all your help. I will pass the info on.

Jules