Thread: minimal play

Default minimal play

DD seems to be happy just laying on her mat and sucking her thumb rather than playing with toys. we have a mat that toys hang off and i regularly change them but she seems to ingore them. she is not a vey active kid, sleeps alot, even with tummy time she never reaches out for objects, just lies there, am i expecting too much too soon??? should i worry??? anybody else have inactive babies??

I'd give her a few more weeks before worrying too much. If she's interested in her hands, she's doing great. Jovie isn't heaps interested in the toys when we put her down, but she loves the ceiling fan, will smile at it and laugh... who knows.

Yeh id give it some time too... Jesse didnt grasp anything until he was 16 weeks old and before hand would just sit and look.. now he's rolling everywhere

thanks guys, she's been grasping things since 9 weeks, she just likes to observe i think!! i think she will just take a little longer than others to do things, but i know all kids are very different and you've made me feel better, thanks!!