Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A moisturizer for baby skin...

Default A moisturizer for baby skin...

I am after a natural, non petroleum based moisturiser with no perfumes, or nasties in it for baby's dry eczema skin which is ULTRA sensitive....
    I have tried sorbelene (which has petroleum in it ) QV, and a couple of others, but has flared it up even more....
    What could I use that is as natural as possible, with as little as possible in it?

I'm using Jurlique's baby products on Lucy and loving them.

Thankyou, what is the ingredient list like Cathy? Would it b ok for exzema skin?

I use Gaia natural. They are all organic natural products that were developed for babies with eczema.

With Matilda I've always used cetaphil when she's gotten really dry itchy patches rather than soap in the bath & the Gaia natural moisturiser after the bath. HTH!

Ingredients:
    demineralised water, cetearl octaonate(vegetable oil), grape seed oil, shea butter, methyl glucose sesqustearate (*sugar), cetearyl alcohol, wheatgerm oil, certified organic calendula extrct, certified organic chamomile extract, certified organic avocado oil, evening primrose oil, sodium hydroxy methyl glycinate (*protein), pure essential oils of certified organic lavender, certified organic sweet orange and certified organic chamomile (*=source).
    Last edited by christy; October 9th, 2006 at 08:40 PM.

I use the hemp body butter from the body shop and I also have a cream called XMA which is all completely natural and works well. If you google it you can find out more.

HTH

Hi,

My little Tayneesha had some bad eczema in between the creases on her ankle it was all red and looked sore and very dry. I went to the doctor and he perscribed a low dose of cortic -DS 1% it is called it has worked a treat on it and cleared up - i suggets if really bad go to your local GP as it will not clear up my doctor advised it is comon in babies especially in the creases of there skin.

The other one that i use is Dermaveen for dry itchy or sensitve skin which i find to be good too on the patchy slightly dry areas. the chemist advised me of this and i find it to be great.

I hope this helps you.

Jen

I have to concur with Christy, Riv's only young but so far we've only used Cetaphil ( I already had it for washing my face) and Gaia products.

Nelle
    (I already had it for washing my face)
    me too!!! Thats why I started using that sort on Matilda.

skorpy Guest

I am using johnsons baby cream.Kai's feet and legs are peeling and its doing a great job

Thanks ladies....Where do i get the Gaia from? Is it a healthfood line or Chemist Line?

Quote Originally Posted by EllyBoo72 View Post
    Thankyou, what is the ingredient list like Cathy? Would it b ok for exzema skin?
    Do you know what, the ingredients are on the box and I've thrown it out sorry! I checked out their website but can't see the ingredients on there either.

When you ask if it'd be okay for eczema skin.... yes it's meant to be calming and non-irritating. I chose jurlique especially because it's all organic and non-allergenic (and not animal tested though that's off the topic!).

The reason I was after something like this was because I had horrible eczema problems as a baby and then a teenager, and wanted to avoid these problems with Lucy.

She has developed a couple of dry spots on her elbows and back so far, but the soothing lotion is keeping the elbows under control and seemed to fix the back.

I also use their barrier cream and think it's fabulous - but tbh I haven't used any others to compare!

Thanks Ladies!
    Cathy, thanks for going to that effort for me anyways, much appreciated
    Fletch...I'll check out the chemist for those lines....and I might have a look at the hydraderm too whilst I'm there...Do you think it would be milder than QV? As QV made him worse.

mooshie Guest

i have tried over the years heaps and heaps of different bath lotions, potions and creams etc etc.

i must say the gaia was great (and smells divine) but can be a bit expensive, i have found another product which i love and it is all natural, it is called natural instincts - very plain packaging white bottle with blue writing and it is all completly natural (and also smells nice) i get it at my chemist, i have noticed lately to it is being advertised in a few magazines.

they have both products for babies as well as adults - they even have washing powders.

worth a look, my kids have not had an outbreak whatsoever since using them

Wow, that sounds great too Michelle. I will look out for it....I am quite happy to try a number of products, til i get one that works a treat

Ally - Medihoney Eczema cream is all natural with no extras in it. Ingredients are: Antibacterial Honey, Aloe Vera, German Chamomile, Natural Vitamin E, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Evening Primrose Oil, Citrus Seed Extract.

I used this on Tallon and it cleared everything up in a couple of days. I'm not sure he really had eczema because it's never come back, but it is all natural ingredients. And it's available at the supermarket! I was shocked! LOL.

Another product that is all natural is Honey & Herb Baby Cream by Beauty & the Bees. Ingredients are: leatherwood beeswax and honey certified (BFA), olive oil, cold-pressed almond oil, certified (OPA) sesame/castor/wheatgerm/palm/coconut and carrot oils.Tasmanian organic Marigold flowers infused in organic olive oil

I've got some Gaia products, but find them still a little drying on his skin. Also, while all the essential oils smell lovely, some of them can still be irritating to sensitive skin, such as the sweet orange. Plus beeswax is a much more natural barrier for the skin than cetearyl alcohol. Both help keep the moisture in the skin, but I'd always look for beeswax first

Hope that helps!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Jurlique still has quite a few chemicals in it though... Give Miessence stuff a go - certified organic and great on the most sensitive skin. The link is up the top of the forums - all the products are safe on adults and children/babes.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I just bought some of the Miessence stuff on the weekend... but I bought the ones for me

skorpy Guest

Hi Fletch
    I never said he had exzema,just dry skin. But its fine anyway,its a moisteriser.exzema and very dry skin is the same thing.Except exzema you have to specially treat for it to heal but any moisteriser wont harm it as long as it isnt strongly perfumed which johnsons is for babies anyway,so therefor safe.
    Last edited by skorpy; October 10th, 2006 at 08:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast