Thread: Morning wake up

Default Morning wake up

Just wondering if anyone wakes up their babies in the morning?

I'm having heaps of troubles with Louis sleeping badly at night so he ends up sleeping in - should I just let him sleep in or perhaps if I set more of a routine wake up he may sleep better maybe?? I don't know just another thought to try and get some sleep! hehehe.

Thanks

angelfish Guest

We wake Milly up quite often so that we can all have breakfast together. Dh usually can't get home in time to eat dinner with the children, and we think it's good for families to have a daily meal all together where possible.

It's a tough one, cause if you wake him early you run the risk of him being cranky. But it won't hurt to try IYKWIM?

I never had to wake the kids because they always woke up on their own at a reasonable time, but if they did sleep in then I let them sleep.

Thanks...

What do you think is a reasonable amount of sleep for an 8mo?

He normally has 2 day sleeps of 1 1/2 h each and then I try and put him down at around 7-7.30pm. He doesn't go down with much of a fuss but usually wakes up 45min later screaming and then he's hard to resettle. And then he's up through the night as well just for a dummy and can wake anywhere from 6-9am depending on how much time he spent up the night before.
    He seems to be staying up around 3+ hours now before he wants to nap....

It does seem like he is having enough sleep in terms of hours, but it is the waking through the night. Do you know why he wakes after he goes down at night? is he cold or something? has he been doing this all along or only just recently? It can be hard to figure it out sometimes Kristie.

He's never slept well....He definitely wouldn't be cold as we have him all rugged up in a fleecy sleep suit thing and then blankets on top. At one point we thought he may be too hot so we blocked the vent in his room. He was fine when we went camping so we figure he can't be too cold now....
    I think it may be that he just wants us there with him as a security thing but I'm just trying to rule out all the other options. He used to go to sleep on his own no worries but now he wants us to be there until his eyes are closed. If he's not quite asleep and we walk away he just screams and all we have to do is walk back in and he stops so he's not in pain or anything.
    I brought him in with me the other day and he went straight to sleep but still woke 3 hours later all restless so I actually put him back in his cot and he went straight back to sleep...
    I don't mind all of that if he actually stays asleep! It's the waking every hour that gets so tiring....
    I tried him on a pillow the other day and he slept really well but then the next day you do it and he won't...If he's really upset even feeding him doesn't help.

He's just learnt to crawl do you think he's just having an unsettled time because of this? I thought it would tire him out more! hehehe.

Sorry for the epic....I suppose I'm worried that there may be something obvious I'm doing wrong....although Mum was here last night and she couldn't work it out either.
    We've even tried cc due to my tiredness and frustration but it doesn't seem to do anything. He just screams more as I think he needs the reassurance that we're there for him and I just feel guilty for doing it.

Might be time to book in for sleep school.....although I think they just do cc anyway...

I wouldn't resort to that just yet. It is possible his knees are a bit sore from the crawling. Can you give him a toy for a comforter? Or, do you have a baby monitor that you can put in his room and leave it on so he can hear you and DH and that way he knows you are close by? (might help with the early waking)

I have to wake Jordan most mornings as I need to take him to my mums or MILs so I can go to work. I wake him at the last minute about 6.30-6.45am
    sometime he is already awake when I get out of the shower.
    He is usually having a morning nap at around 9am though
    the only downside to him getting up early when I work is that he never sleeps past 7am. I am not able to get a sleep in on the weekend as he wont go back to sleep even if i feed him and put him back to sleep.
    AHHHH, these are the joys.
    It wouldnt hurt to wake him but i you dont need to go anywhere. i would let him sleep.