thread: the most awesome MCHN

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

the most awesome MCHN

i've heard so many horror stories about evil MCHNs that i wanted to post a positive thread about my most awesome MCHN.

i knew she was great when she used to bring tim tams to each of our mother's group sessions at the MCHN centre (reason enough to warrent this thread imo ) but we had DS' 12 month check up today & she was just great.

* she doesn't have a problem with me co-sleeping, she said it's only a problem if it's a problem for me.
    * i said i was trying the jay gordan approach to night weaning & she hadn't heard of him so she took down some details so she could look up his website cos she thinks his advice sounds great
    * i was the one who mentioned weaning & that i wasn't sure when to start & she said not to worry/hurry because WHO still says 2 years for BFing
    * her parting words were that we should keep doing whatever we're doing because DS is gorgeous - every time i have an appt i walk away feeling like i'm a good mum & that i'm getting stuff right.

i'm sure there was more, but she really is great & i wish everyone could have a nurse that was so postive

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2005
    Sunshine Coast

Aww! That's great!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

she sounds like my MCHN

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2009
    Qld

They do exist, thank you lucky stars you found one, I did to.

Oct 2008

That's great - wish I could find one!!!

S X

BellyBelly Member
    Add STARRYSKY on Facebook Follow STARRYSKY On Twitter

Aug 2007
    adelaide

Its fantastic when you find a good one isnt it!!?!! I have luck of the draw when we go to our appointments, but there is one lady there that is just the bees knees!! I keep my fingers crossed every tme that we get her again.
    I think thats the way ALL MCHN should be, supportive and encouraging and willing to look at new things. So happy for you xx

BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Jun 2004
    The Festival State

i've heard so many horror stories about evil MCHNs that i wanted to post a positive thread about my most awesome MCHN.

i knew she was great when she used to bring tim tams to each of our mother's group sessions at the MCHN centre (reason enough to warrent this thread imo ) but we had DS' 12 month check up today & she was just great.

* she doesn't have a problem with me co-sleeping, she said it's only a problem if it's a problem for me.
    * i said i was trying the jay gordan approach to night weaning & she hadn't heard of him so she took down some details so she could look up his website cos she thinks his advice sounds great
    * i was the one who mentioned weaning & that i wasn't sure when to start & she said not to worry/hurry because WHO still says 2 years for BFing
    * her parting words were that we should keep doing whatever we're doing because DS is gorgeous - every time i have an appt i walk away feeling like i'm a good mum & that i'm getting stuff right.

i'm sure there was more, but she really is great & i wish everyone could have a nurse that was so postive
    i like the sound of her, what a fantastic child nurse. Sounds like my dream child nurse.