Thread: the most awesome MCHN

Default the most awesome MCHN

i've heard so many horror stories about evil MCHNs that i wanted to post a positive thread about my most awesome MCHN.

i knew she was great when she used to bring tim tams to each of our mother's group sessions at the MCHN centre (reason enough to warrent this thread imo ) but we had DS' 12 month check up today & she was just great.

* she doesn't have a problem with me co-sleeping, she said it's only a problem if it's a problem for me.
    * i said i was trying the jay gordan approach to night weaning & she hadn't heard of him so she took down some details so she could look up his website cos she thinks his advice sounds great
    * i was the one who mentioned weaning & that i wasn't sure when to start & she said not to worry/hurry because WHO still says 2 years for BFing
    * her parting words were that we should keep doing whatever we're doing because DS is gorgeous - every time i have an appt i walk away feeling like i'm a good mum & that i'm getting stuff right.

i'm sure there was more, but she really is great & i wish everyone could have a nurse that was so postive

Aww! That's great!

she sounds like my MCHN

They do exist, thank you lucky stars you found one, I did to.

That's great - wish I could find one!!!

S X

Its fantastic when you find a good one isnt it!!?!! I have luck of the draw when we go to our appointments, but there is one lady there that is just the bees knees!! I keep my fingers crossed every tme that we get her again.
    I think thats the way ALL MCHN should be, supportive and encouraging and willing to look at new things. So happy for you xx

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sloane View Post
    i've heard so many horror stories about evil MCHNs that i wanted to post a positive thread about my most awesome MCHN.

i knew she was great when she used to bring tim tams to each of our mother's group sessions at the MCHN centre (reason enough to warrent this thread imo ) but we had DS' 12 month check up today & she was just great.

* she doesn't have a problem with me co-sleeping, she said it's only a problem if it's a problem for me.
    * i said i was trying the jay gordan approach to night weaning & she hadn't heard of him so she took down some details so she could look up his website cos she thinks his advice sounds great
    * i was the one who mentioned weaning & that i wasn't sure when to start & she said not to worry/hurry because WHO still says 2 years for BFing
    * her parting words were that we should keep doing whatever we're doing because DS is gorgeous - every time i have an appt i walk away feeling like i'm a good mum & that i'm getting stuff right.

i'm sure there was more, but she really is great & i wish everyone could have a nurse that was so postive
    i like the sound of her, what a fantastic child nurse. Sounds like my dream child nurse.