Thread: Movies - Mums n Bubs session?

Default Movies - Mums n Bubs session?

Hi, Has anyone been to a Mums n Bubs movie session? Was it really noisy with all the babies/kids? Do you take your pram in?
    Thanks, Laura

Last edited by pelaja; December 26th, 2006 at 09:45 AM.

I went to one in Mackay a few years ago and it was great. It was loud enough to not hear the kids running around but quiet enough to not scare them. I think I took my pram and left it down at the front.

Have fun, what are you going to see?

I haven't been yet but recently found out they don't run them over school holidays! Sad cause Df is a teacher and we'd decided to go while he was on holidays all together.

Yup, they have them every Wednesday morning at 10am around here. I've been twice and had a fantastic time. It's cheaper than a normal movie price (under $10 here) and although other babies cry from time-to-time; it's generally not too bad. Everyone parks their prams down the front of the cinema and it's all pretty safe.

Would highly recommend it!

In Darwin when DD#2 was born they have a "crying room" in the cinema and we went to about 5 movies in the 1st 6 weeks of her life cause we had it to ourselves and it was like a private box. I have taken Riley to the movies twice now with the other kids in the holidays to kids movies and he has been great.

The ones here in brissie have room for a few prams although I've never been to one. Someone told me some cinemas have rooms where you can settle bub and still hear the movie. Enjoy!

I have been a few times. Even with the babies crying I could still hear the movie, but maybe I'm just used to it.. heh. At first, the Hoyts near me let people take their prams in and then the last time I went they made me leave my pram outside, they said it was a hazard if an evacuation was necessary or something, (even though all the ladies leave their prams either up the front or up the back out of the way). Which kind of annoyed me, but glad to hear they don't do it everywhere.

Fletch, the movies at richmond have a crying room.

Weve gone heaps of time...Sammy loves the movies. Its great when bubs are younger as they can usually fall asleep and you can enjoy your movie. As they get older it becomes a bit more difficult and you have to be a bit more imaginative. We take lots of different food and cups with treats in them...twisties work for us. We often sit downt the front so he can run around a bit and burn some energy. The lights are dimmed a bit but enough so you can still see around and we all know what we are signing up for going..so its going to be either bubs crying or making noises or little toddlers calling out. Have fun.

Jo