Thread: Music

Melinda Guest

Cool Music

What sort of music does your little one like?

Jacob enjoys The Wiggles as much as any other kid I'm sure BUT...............Jacob absolutely loves AC/DC and that song "Flaunt It" that's on the radio ATM!!! He bops his head up and down (like a little mini head-bang LOL) and his arms get flapping all over the place!!!

Jacob and DH get in DH's car some days in the driveway or garage and just bop to the CD's he's got in the car ROFL!!!

When Kylie Minogue's 'can't get you out of my head' came out Lindsay couldn't get enough of it. he'd stand there and bob away. I think it was the bass - that real doof doof doof.

Erin is a real hip hop/pop kind of girl - she will watch TV hits and try to dance like the girls on the clips - especially Black Eyed Peas

Paige is a bit partial to Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Maddy listens to everything DH & I listen too which varies from Balinese Punk bands & Indonesian Metal bands (we know the words but dont know what they mean!!) But we have music super loud, coz DH plays so amny instruments...
    We listen to Eminem, Black Eyed Peas, Pink, Aerosmith, Audioslave, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snoop Dog, Gwen Stefani, Lionel Ritchie, Bob Dylan, The Doors, Led Zeppelin... Many, many varieties... maddy will grab a stack of CD's & load up the Cd player in the car when we go shopping & she cranks it up loud!!!!

OOOh I have a stack of Motley Crue Cd's too, plus DH loves Bon Jovi... Maddy has a few Destinay Childs CD's too...
    So they are fairly varied I'd say... Indah seems to like Usher...

Emily LOVES Madonna and Kanye West.
    Whenever "hung up" or "gold digger" are on Channel V she is in front of the TV like a shot, shaking her booty. So funny!

Well Kynan's still a little young yet so we'll have to see how his taste in music develops over the next few months, but I recently discovered that in the car he likes to fall asleep listening to Poison by Alice Cooper LOL!

so funny ...Kaitlyn LOVES flaunt it as well hahahaha...and so does mummy!. I sing it to her and hold her hands as she jumps up and down .

DS loves any music but in addition to the kids type stuff where he is starting to know the words he has a particular like for Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" and I don't remember the artist but title was "Black Betty" and will ask for these particular songs on occassion. As a tiny baby Tom Jones provided good settling music.

Milo listens to whatever we listen to, and hasn't disliked it so far.
    In particular he sings (well he makes happy noises) to Pavement, the weakerthans, the shins, reeve oliver, propagandi, the dead salesmen and TISM

Yasin loves RnB and rap. There are a few songs that we generally skip now because we don't really want him singing along. He also likes Black Eyed Peas and anything else with a nice beat. He tries to dance and sing along which is sooo cute because he can't talk yet so its more babbling along than singing.

My DH and DS#1 are the same . He loves it when daddy drives as they listen to AC/DC also. I think it must be the beat, but he has loved it since he was about 1yo. The sad thing is he knows a few of the songs almost word for word.

When Nick was a baby he would always fall asleep to ABBA, now he loves The Red Hot Chili Peppers "Can't stop" and Shannon Noll 'Lift'

Ryan always falls asleep to Delta Goodrem, but also loves Robbie Williams
    They both also love the wiggles and hi 5

angelfish Guest

George will listen to lots of things but his favourite is the Merrily Merrily kids CD. He has started to develop an interest in musical instruments and recently told me he wants to play the violin and the piccolo. I expect he'll change his mind a few times before it's time to start him on music lessons.

WM likes most music and I've found that putting on a CD is the quickest way to settle him. He likes Paul Simon, possibly because the lyrics are complex and he listens/watches attentively while I'm singing them to him. "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" is one we both like.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Jovi loves "Live" ... we have a CD in the bedroom and the DVD's always ready to go in the lounge ... she's usually out by the second song ... usually

Jackson love Black Eyed Peas, but really he especially loves anything with a really obviousl and groovy beat. He starts shaking his head and wiggling his hips and shoulders whenever and wherever he hears music, could be on an add, in the supermarket or in the car, is hillarious. His daddy is a drummer so I think he has inherited some musical gene or something!!

Stormi Guest

My 7 year old likes anything. He was singing "My Sharona" the other day (after singing There's No Business Like Showbusiness LMAO). In the car the other day I had a Dido CD on and he said he didn't like it coz it was "Girl music" so I switched it to Barnsey's "Soul Deep" CD and he goes "That's better, that's man music". They both like dancing to rap and R & B stuff.

Makenzie, who is almost one, likes any "dance" music and at the moment she likes "Stupid Girl" by Pink and Black Eyed Peas songs and also "Lose Control" with Missy Elliot. They always make her stop what she's doing and "dance". She also likes headbanging when I play the drums LOL.

Zander absolutely loves any sort of music! Doesn't matter what it is, he'll bop along - he was dancing to Eminem last week at a party LOL!

Matthew absolutely loves music and has been dancing to it for months, it doesn`t matter what it is or even if it`s on TV he`ll get up and start dancing LOL I`d love to take him to kindermusik but there`s nothing around here which is disapointning as I think he`d love it.