Thread: Is my 3yr old normal?

Red face Is my 3yr old normal?

I was wondering if anyone elses little boy or girl is the same as mine. He flat out refuses to watch 'general' tv shows like ABC kids or kids videos. He seems to get really bored with them and will find something else to do. However when a documentary comes on he will sit down and watch the whole thing!! Tonight there was a documentary on Africa on ABC and he was facinated Maybe I should be happy!? He even sits down and watches 2 hours of Walking with the Dinosaurs. He is only JUST 3!. Would be great to hear if anyone elses child is the same?

My son is 3 days older than yours and although he also loves all the 'kiddie' programs (he would watch all day if I let him!) he also has always been totally fascinated by docos! He loves "The Crocodile Hunter"! I figure it's educational....right??! Power to the boys, they must be very intelligent little fellas!

LOL thats so cute!
    Aidyn does watch the 'normal' shows, but he also pays a lot of attention to documentaries. Meerkat Manor on Channel 10 used to be his favourite... he absolutely adored the meerkats to the point of sqealing and laughing whenever they so much as moved.
    He only really pays the most attention if it has animals (or any sort a vehicle LOL) in it.

How cute.. maybe he is going to be an early learner!!

Xander amazes me at the things he finds interesting like cricket and golf?????? He once watched two hours of opera on SBS but I have to say playschool and power rangers are his fav :-)

I think he's perfectly normal and you should be really please - just stock up on David Attenborough dvd's and you should be right.
    Be grateful he's not into spongebob squarepants...*sigh*

haha Our smart little men hey!! I forgot to mention that I turned on the ABC channel on saturday and there was NUDE ballet!!! He refused to let me change the channel and he watched it for over an hour!!

ROFL at the nude ballet!

Quite often my two will sit riveted to a documentary too. Mason is really getting into motorsports too *sigh* there he goes already with the car stuff

Xander LOVES Spongebob Squarepans (it drives me mad) but im a doco lover (escpecially anything to do with the weather) and Xander (and even Declan) are quite happy to sit andwatch them with me. They still love watching "normal" shows, and adore disney movies

Kayla and Liam loves the kid shows but they will sit down I watch my baby shows with me, which seems a bit funny to me but if they like to watch them I'm not going to stop them. Better that then "MUM, can we have our shows on now!"

Raven

Aghh my DD is a Nick Jnr addict....I love documentaries and I'd be stoked if she'd watch them but instead she just nags me while I try to watch!!
    I think it's great, at least you can enjoy them as well (if I have to watch another episode of Hi 5 or Dora I'm going to have a brain bleed............)

my thomas prefers the boomerang channel with all the old cartoons like tom and jerry, scoobydoo and looneytunes! i think its great coz they actually are interesting enough for me to enjoy all over again! my 3 year old Cody loves Dora, but they are both addicted to animal planet and anything with pregnancy and babies! Steve Irwin and any animal docu is a must for both of them. I tink its wonderful that my 3 & 4 year olds are quiet for 2 hours straight! Maybe its a boy thing!!!!

Moving to General Baby & Toddler Discussion