Thread: My 6-week-old - what's going on?

Default My 6-week-old - what's going on?

The other day she was really unsettled - hardly slept all day. Then that night she had 5 hours in a row, followed by 3 hours after a feed.
    Yesterday was more normal, had 1.5 - 2 hour naps and was awake and unsettled for a few hours in the evening (that's her pattern).
    Last night she slept for 8 hours straight!!! (I feel bad - I woke a couple of times and thought, 'Gosh, I should probably check on her' but promptly fell back to sleep... )
    Today she's been pretty lethargic. Hasn't been desperate for a feed after her sleeps (she's usually crying when she wakes, not today) and her poo is different - it's got white bits in it and its not as runny, more 'mucousy' (sorry - TMI!). I've changed three pooey nappies and *I think* three wet ones (I find it hard to tell with sposies, which she's been in today.) Also, she's throwing up a bit more than usual - after every feed, rather than every other feed.
    Does this sound normal? She doesn't seem sick - when she's awake she's mostly happy... Should I be worried about her?
    TIA

I would have suggested a cold, if you hadn't said that she didn't seem sick. Riv swallows his mucous, which affects his poo, and fills his tummy so he's not as hungry sometimes. The mucous didn't really make him spew, but I'm sure it could cause other babies to.
    A cold *might* be harder to notice in this weather since it's warm...

That's the only suggestion I have, but if you're worried Amy, take her to a dr - then at least you'll have some peace of mind

Thanks Relle.
    I've been feeling a bit tight in the throat the last couple of days. Maybe I've given her some ugly cooties Poor Bubba.

NewmumLou Guest

This sounds like a stomach virus to me, Josh had it a few weeks back but he also had high temps that is where it is different. He was so tired during the day and wouldnt sleep at night, nothing would settle him. I ended up giving him lots of fluids to flush it out of his system. good luck.

Maybe go to the doc just to be on the safe side. I dont think you can be over caring when it comes to kids that cant tell you what is wrong. I hope things work out..good luck