Thread: My best friend has a newborn and is making me super clucky!

cazoraz Guest

Talking HELP! My best friend has a newborn, making me super clucky!

My best friend had a baby last Thursday and is making me all clucky again already, even though I know we wont be having another baby for another 2yrs. She is the exact same length as Coleman was at birth but about 2lbs lighter, when cuddling her I just cant remember Coleman ever being that little! Though I am enjoying Cole being that bit older now & all the stuff that comes with it, I do like the little snuggly cuddly newborns too! My sister is due to give birth in 2months time so I guess I'll just have to get all the cuddles of the babies I can!

Anyone able to resist the cluckyness and stick to your plans? Or did you cave and decide to go earlier than you had planned? We're probably going to wait to TTC #3 in 2008.

xxxCaz

Last edited by cazoraz; May 7th, 2006 at 09:42 AM.

colleeg Guest

My sister is due in 5 weeks also and im getting very clucky again too! just seeing all her little baby clothes and the pram ect. My good friend just brought her 5 week old over and my god i wanted to have another one. My DS is 1 on Wednesday & like you im enjoying him being mobile and easier than when he was smaller..

we though we would have two but im not sure when the next one will be...how do you decide or not get so clucky!!!!

is it like having a puppy, they are cute when they are small but they grow and are completly different?

Colleeg

cazoraz Guest

I like your puppy analogy! I went to see my friends baby today and she looked so tiny and cuddly, but you haev to remember that soon enough they start yelling & throwing & demanding...

We had Coleman just under 2yrs after Lucy was born so I mustn't have been put off by her, she was such a good baby. Lucy as a toddler is a whole different story though!

colleeg Guest

yes that is so true, they do start having tantrums & demanding, its not like you can put them on the floor for tummy time...if its not sleepless nights its a cold or lots of crying!

is funny how you just want to go back for more!

is two in nappies difficult?

cazoraz Guest

Not really, though Lucy wasnt in nappies for much longer, she was toilet trained at 2yr6mo so I only have to buy them for her to wear to bed at night. So its just expensive more than anything! Cole is a big boy and Lucy is quite petite so they actually wore the same size nappy!

We have recently decided that there will be a baby #3 but not for about another 2yrs or so, so we will only have the newborn in nappies next time which will be nice.

colleeg Guest

its funny the more experience you have the cluckier you become! but i guess its all the small things like 2 in nappies, bottles, ect! but is only for a short time i guess.
    wow Lucy is a good girl to be toilet trained!

We were planning to TTC #3 in late 2007 but that went out the window because I got too clucky! Mind you, I am worried about coping with 3 but I guess my hormones overrided my head. Women are biologically geared to have babies so it's natural that you feel clucky when you see other small babies or when your own baby gets older - I don't think it's because babies are like puppies, there are pros and cons to each stage of childhood. I just think it's a hormonal thing, when our babies reach a certain age we start getting those feelings again, even against our better judgement, like your body is telling you it could handle another pregnancy. My mum told me that when she first starting going through menopause she was getting strong clucky feelings and had lots of dreams about babies and giving birth - it was like her body was telling her "it's your last chance". Of course she didn't act on them because her practical, logical side said "don't be ridiculous" but it does show how much hormones can dictate our feelings.

Bon

colleeg Guest

Bon
    very true, i just think perhaps young girls that thing of babies as 'puppies' jump the gun a bit! (ITMS)
    but its so hard isnt it! plannnig and being clucky arent a good combination! you know you are ready again..so why wait!

Yes that is true about some young girls...I live in an area with a high proportion of young mothers - which isn't a bad thing in itself - but I think there can be a perception from some of them that having a baby will be 'fun' or a way to keep their man and they don't realise how much hard work it is. Not that that is true of everyone, but it does happen.

Bon

cazoraz Guest

Bon - I agree its hormones, its something in us that at the sight of a newborn we just melt. A bit like when a baby cries your boobs leak (well in the earlier days anyway).

I just keep reminding myself how much I am enjoying NOT being pregnant and being skinny again, and how much I want to start teaching next year before I think about another baby. I am happy to live vicariously through others for now - must listen to my head for another 18months at least!!

My baby is only 8 weeks old and I'm already thinking about #2 - and we've made the decision to wait until she's four years old!!!

My friend is due to have a baby any day now and I'm sure it's while babies are new our hormones and emotions kick in and tell us to have another. I'll cuddle him and remind myself he needs to be bf even more often than Lucy does!

I have said definitely no more after this one. Of course I know that I will feel clucky after a while but I am going to listen to my head and not do anything about it! On a practical level 3 has to be it for us, plus I would like to do more study down the track and invest some time in myself.

Bon

colleeg Guest

gosh how come the hormones just take over? its just crazy how it controls the whole of you sometimes!

mmmmmm what is it, is it becuase they are so small and helpless? or our instinct?