Thread: Is my DS the only one?

Default Is my DS the only one?

DS always, always, ALWAYS does poo when he is put to bed for both day naps & more often than not at night too.
    He mucks around having a grand old time & won't settle until his nappy has been changed. After this he'll just go to sleep on his own.
    Nappy gets changed by his night light, we don't speak much or loudly, change him in his cot etc. It's not like we make a big fuss or do anything exciting!
    It doesn't bother me, I'm just curious if anyone elses toddlers do the same thing?

DD tends to do a poo just after I've put her down for her day sleep, so then it's another half hour before she is actually asleep by the time it has been changed and dealt with and she has been resettled!

I've noticed lately though, that if she doesn't do one then, I better watch her like a hawk come bath time otherwise...yep you guessed it...has happened about 4 times in the last couple of weeks

Eeeek! They're funny little things aren't they

Perfectly normal. He is probrably just nice and relaxed and what better time to have a bowel movement!

LOL true!

Our son does heaps of his poos after going to bed for day or night sleep. I guess he properly relaxes and out it comes! I changed him last night and he got up, had a run around and laugh etc while I cleaned up but then when I put him back to bed he still went quietly straight off to sleep. So even getting wired up doesn't seem to matter- just go with it

Yep, perfectly normal. DS is almost 3 and still does a #2 before he will settle for his afternoon nap.