Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My poor DD. Advice and vent

Unhappy My poor DD. Advice and vent

I know we dont like bad mummy threads but I am one. I was so caught up in work this week that I neglected to take DD to the doctors when I know I should have. She had really bad nappy rash from Friday last week. I had almost got it under control until yesterday with MIL it got worse. She should have gone to doctor last night but didnt have time with DF at work.

Today at childcare it got worse. Really bad, so bad the skin started to come off. SHe has some infection, so bad its beyond creams. They will sting too much so she is on nappy free time as much as possible and just saline solution wash 4-5 times a day. Then Friday we goback to see how that has gone and then get the creams.

The nappy rash is mainly at the front, not so much around the bottom. The doc said its not from poo, its from wee getting caught under the skin. I just feel terrible for her as she is clearly not herself.

Poor DD. Hope it heels up soon.

Sorry little one

Big hugs for you and your dd, hope she gets better soon. After having ds poor dd2 was home with dh and mil who didn't think her green funky runny nose meant anything and sh didn't hear her crying at night. I took her to the dr as soon as I was home she had a really bad ear infection.

Ps my girls always end up with a nappy rash after seeing my mum she hates changing nappies. Hope you have better luck with your MIL

Hope she gets better soon xxxxx

Thanks Lovely girls.

I am keeping her home from daycare so she can have no nappy for the day. Have put her in a huggies disposable tonight as I know they are best at drawing moisture away from the skin and no creams. gave her the saline solution wash down there and just patted dry. Hope it looks better in the morning.

Hugs hun, one mis-step doesn't make you a bad mummy. Hope she heals quickly

awww darl your not bad

DD had a bad rash from one poo a few weeks back, the skin instantly came off, i gave her nurofen as she was in pain, im sure she'll be better soon xx

Big sounds like Miss S atm. It's peeling, has a yucky discharge and smelly. I hope it clears up for you soon.xx

Aww Ali I started a bad mum thread yesterday... Must be the time for it...

You're not a bad mum. Not at all.

hope it looks better in the morning

try washing her in a bath with oats in it. The oats make the water really soft and they help clear the infection to. My DD also used to get really bad nappy rash (and just from 1 wet nappy) so I had to go from cloth nappies to disposables. The cloth nappies used to keep the wee really close to the body but the disposables really drew it away.

You're not a bad mum. I hope it clears up soon.

xox

She is jsut miserable today We have had lots of nappy free time today outside as well (thank goodness its a nice day) and she has had about 3 saltwater baths in the bathroom sink. She loves that! The skin is peeling away and it is still all red but it does look marginally better. Is down in bed asleep at the moment (with a disposable on). Hasn't done a poo today.

I might try the oats bath tonight. Cant hurt.

Also should I be avoiding acidy foods so her urine isnt as strong? The doctor didnt say anything about it but seeming the nappy rash is at the front more so than her bottom I am thinking strong urine might sting her.

Try make sure she drinks heaps of water too. xx

Alibaby

I'd just make sure she has plenty of water and stay away from apple juice and those sorts of things, they're extremely acidic.

Hope your bubba girl is better real soon

Big hun you are not a bad mum at all xxoo

DD had a nasty nappy rash earlier in the year and it didn't amtter what we tried it got worse, in the end we went to the Dr and it was thrush, we don't know how she got it, and felt like the most horrible parents, but once we got the right treatment it was a lot better very quickly. So very sad when they say it hurts too

Thanks girls. You are all so helpful.

Had another saltwater paddle in the sink this arvo after her nap, but has still been quite whingy. I got DP to go to maccas and get her a cup of water (she loves drinking out of the maccas cups with the straw even though we have our own straw sippy cups) as this is a failsafe way to make sure she drinks water.

She is back in a nappy now as its getting a bit cooler now the sun has gone from out the back of our house. Will do the oats bath tonight.

Olive- I bought some Nurofen (previously only ever had panadol for pain relief) and she LOVED it. We normally have a battle with medicine and I just gave it to her in the syringe and she sucked it out by herself and then wanted more!!

Jaycee- DD only jsut started drinking apple juice for the first time a week ago. She wasnt drinking any water so I was desperate to give her some fluids. Wonder if its coincidental that this rash has come up at the same time?? Might have been a contributing reason as to why it got worse anyway and the fact the rash is round the front and the doc said it was caused by urine....hmmmm. Have definitely stopped the juice knowing that. Thanks hun

Beema- thats exactly how I felt. The doctor said it was a combination of two different infections. I think thrush might have been one of them. The names he rattled off were so long that I didnt quite catch whathe said. Basically we start creams Friday once its healed a bit. The doctor said to me as well that it would be hurting her a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast