Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappy Changing - Boy vs Girl

Melinda Guest

Talking Nappy Changing - Boy vs Girl

Being a Mum of both a boy and a girl, I can definitely say that changing boys is much easier than changing girls!! There just aren't the nooks and crannies to worry about! :wink:

I wonder though if this is just me. A friend of mine had a girl first, and now has a baby boy and she thinks that girls were much easier. So we both got to thinking.....perhaps we were finding nappy changes a bit daunting because we were used to changing nappies on the opposite sex!?

WDYT?!

lol Caro. I haven't been peed in the face yet.

Sorry don't know if one is easier than the other, DS's are the only nappies I've had to change. I think I'd need re-training if I get a girl this time.

Melinda Guest

LOL Caro. I've never had pee go in my face, but I tell you what, I copped it on my clothes several times! I soon learnt that things "looked" a fraction different just before the event and either leapt out of the way lightning fast or quickly chucked a towel or something over him LOL!!!

If Ruby ever does something like that then it will most definitely be an eyebrow-raising event! LOL I don't think girls can do those kind of power-pees!!! tee hee hee!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

After 2 boys, now been pregnant with No 3, I was talking to my Obs about all of the things that poeple say about having another boy, and one of my friends who have only girls said to me what on earth do I do with that! and when telling my Obs, he had 4 boys and then a girls and he had the perfect reply " what do you do with a girl??? Things could get lost up there!" LOL I must admit, I am scared stiff of having a girl and don't really understand the apprehension towards having boys. ( all of the women I know that have had girls, don't want or have been dissapoointed to find out they are having boys 2 nd time round, and I find this really disheartening and sad. As a mum of 2 boys, I wonder if these women are in no uncertain terms saying that girls are better than boys????? and that hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by Relle View Post
    LOL I must admit, I am scared stiff of having a girl
    Relle I think you answered your own question there..... It's just a fear of the unknown IMO. You are used to having boys & aren't sure what to do with a girl, the same as Caro is used to the opposite. I highly doubt anyone is thinking that one sex is better than the other.

ETA: Sorry for the hijack Mel

I don't think anyone is saying that Relle... and I know a few people who have that fear. I know I did but I would be hurt if I thought people thought I was having a go at them... I think when it comes to gender we all have our preconceived ideas and thats ok Without boys we wouldn't be having babies and the same goes for girls. They are both wonderful in their own way

But getting back on topic, I think boys are WAY easier to clean LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I found DS to be way easier to change, He peed twice while changing, but my DD, my god I never thought girls could do the power pees but they do. For the first few weeks everyday without a doubt when changing her nappy she would pee on me, power pee. Not only that when changing a poo bum (sorry tmi) you'd just have her all clean and put a new nappy under her bum and she'd start pooing again.(she still does it every now and then). I never knew girls were like this... lol

Ellie

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Sarah and Cailin, I was not referring to people on BB, actually irl. These women have literally loathed the idea of having a boy after having a girl, and yet these same women expect someone like me to be desperately wanting a girl this time.

Personally I would jump for joy I was clever enough to have a pigeon pair! and the thought of being able to experience both would be wonderful.

Sorry about the hijack mel!

Boys are definately easier to clean. You just have to remember to get the underside of their penis and under their balls. Little girls is so invasive. For most nappy changes it's pretty easy (like swiping the atm card) but for poo's there's lots of little extra bits it gets into. I also worry more about infection with a little girl, it happens so much easier with girls.

I get that I guess I'm just understanding of Gender Disappointment even though I would have given a right arm to have a baby regardless of gender... because I have watched my friends suffer with it and it is suffering IMO. Because it can cause all sorts of guilty feelings too...

But our own experiences make us who we are and why we feel that way... And please know that I mean none of this in a bad way Relle just trying to explain it from a different perspective. I hope thats ok! And sorry to thread crash Mel!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Boys are definitely easier!!

Dh wont change Annliese, he doesnt like trying to clean all the nooks and crannies. So if its a weekend or a night, he has to change Declan if he wants to change Anneliese..

We haven't had any problems either. Just a concern that makes me much more careful when cleaning her. I'm not in the habit of getting poo into my fanny so I don't really worry about that with myself :wink:

DH had Anneliese the other day, and i noticed her inner bits were looking a little pink... just putting nappy rash cream around to try and clear it up. It is a PITA though, boys, its all just there and easy enough to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I did say to scott last night that i'd be a bit daunted cleaning a girls bits after a poo... i'd have to learn so much! LOL. And scotts reply was but its the same as yours!! My reply, i've never had to clean my own vag from a poo filled nappy LMAO.
    PMSL Fletch, they dont realise how much is involved down there do they!!

Haha.. well..it depends how big your boys "boy bits" are! I only have a boy and Jesse has quite a largish ball bag! So when he does a some what sloppy poo it gets under where it hangs down and can take quite alot of wipes to get his lil toosh clean! So i think comparing him to a girl maybe quite similar

Xander was the easy one, his boy bits were about average (compared to others ive seen ) But Declan, he's pretty well endowed!! But it just gets in the way!! PITA LOL

Debbie Lee Guest

all of the women I know that have had girls, don't want or have been dissapoointed to find out they are having boys 2 nd time round, and I find this really disheartening and sad.
    Relle - I'd LOVE a boy this time... and I'm not worried about the nappy changing!! LOL

With boys you just have to keep an eye on the "fountain"! DH has been hit twice.. mum, never hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast