Thread: Need Advice Tandem Prams?

Default Need Advice Tandem Prams?

Hi well i have been looking for a tandem pram for my 18mth old and my 8 week old i have been twiddling my thumbs as i have been researching a few of them but i seem to get stuck and cant make the decision on which one to purchase I know that alot of them arnt that great but i wanna go the front back option as side by side is to big for us.
    I am currently looking at the Marco sky L ?
    i also dont wanna spent too much just want something to use if and when we go out
    i guess i am just after any advice on which one? i need to make my mind up now as i cant take the 2 children on my own till i make the buy.
    any help advice would be greatly appreciated thanx.

Although I am yet to use it I have brought a Bootiq (Deux) Deluxe stroller, the main reason I brought it is because its quite compact and folds smaller than a normal pram. This baby of mine should come out soon and I will then be able to use the pram but until then I cant tell you much more about it. I will have a newborn and an 18mth old in it, my DD tried both seats out in the shop and again once we got it home and she loves it, wont get out lol.
    Its a tough decision though isnt it. It cost me about $270. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck with your choice.

Definitely avoid a side by side with a toddler or bigger children cause they can become really hard to maneuver and are lopsided.

We finally bite the bullet and bought a Steelcraft Strider Plus with the second seat and I am completely in love, it is worth every cent that we spent. Our 2 year old sits happily in the back (which we thought she wouldn't but could go in either) and my 5 month uses the front. We have had it a couple of weeks and cannot fault it yet (well besides the accessory bag cant be attached when the second seat is on). We've been parks, function, shopping, over friends and it has handled it all. It is a little wider which took a little getting used to as I took out a few things with the back wheels just cause I'm not used to them and it is heavier than most prams but its solid and navigates well considering. When it just DD2 and me the second seat slides easily off and the car capsule also clips straight into it so I dont disturb her. It also comes with everything included, boot cover, weather cover, mosquito net, seat pad, accessory bag.

Check it out, I would recommend spending the extra money to anyone and our side by side is going in the bin. [url=http://www.striderplus.com.au/html/s01_home/home.asp]Strider Plus[/url]

We purchase the Baby Love side-by-side umbrella stroller and are VERY happy with it. It was about $230 and it's very light and fits both my nearly 3 year old and 9 month old. They can both lay back (thought not completely) and have shades above the. I find it really easy to move but I don't use it an awful lot. Basically for thos trips like markets, zoos, large shopping centres. Some shops are a little hard to get into but generalyl it's quite a slim line pram and I can around easy enough. I use the trolley if doing a proper shop. I am very happy with it because it's more of a short term thing and just for those times when DD can't be bothered walking or it's a bit too far!

I completley agree with studymum. We bought a strider plus for our 2 year old + baby. Had it now for 7 months and love it. Great pram and its fantastic being able to see both kids.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Phil and Ted dash here My boys are 18 months 4 days apart. Has been great (bought before DS1 was born)

I think the main thing to look at in tandem prams is the width - if you go for a side by side, does it fit through a regular doorway. If it doesn't, it can be highly frustrating and using it for most things tend to be a bit more difficult.

Three wheeler side by sides are not recommended for babies of different weights as they can tip easily so check on how well balanced it is.

That's probably my best advice. I would also try and put it in and out of my car before I decided on anything. Some of the baby shops are really good like that and will let you take prams out to your car before you buy them so you can practice folding them up and lifting them into your boot to see how well they fit and how easy you find it. I highly recommend doing this with any pram that you buy just so you know how it will fit in your car.

Happy shopping