Thread: new shoes

mooshie Guest

Default new shoes

well lani is 19mths old and has been walking independantly since christmas (at 15mths) she has been walking in mostly bare feet and clarks pre walker shoes. since it is getting colder thought i would go and get her first pair of proper shoes, anyway today i spent $65 on her first pair of lovely clarks first walker shoes well she hates them she will wear them but says no no no and when she has them on she either crawls or wants to be carried.

it must feel so strange to have heavier shoes on and i know she will get over it, at the moment she is running around happily inside with bare feet, however if she goes outside and i put her shoes on she just either crawls around or carry's on.

any ideas to overcome this temporary glitch in her day lol

ISKWYM Mooshie. I had this drama with Paige last year. All I did was persevere with her and kept telling her she couldn't go outside if she had no shoes on. It worked eventually, but she still hates wearing shoes. As soon as she can get them off she will LOL. It is hard when they wear real shoes for the first time too. I also sympathise with you for spending so much on shoes too. I brought some for Erin today and set me back $55.

Colleen Guest

Jaykobs finally just got adjusted to his new shoes, i bought him cushy type runners and now he understands (i think lol) that he cant go outside without them.

Prior to this though, he refused to wear anything but socks...

Sorry i have no advice for you Michelle, hopfully by just keeping it up, eventually she'll learn she needs to wear them.

I'm glad i don't have this trouble, Lily love wearing shoes and always brings them over to us and then sits on the floor and puts her feet up, so cute.

mooshie Guest

the little miss is getting a bit better with the shoes

this morning she refused to put them on but i stood my ground and said they needed to go on to go to gymnastics she cracked it for a while but then got over it, she got up and looked for her old ones lol.

after gymnastics she actually grabbed her shoes and brought them over to me so it is getting better. she keeps tripping herself up tho when she runs at least she doesn't sook about that she just gets up and keeps going lol.

i think i really should of got her proper shoes a bit earlier as i said she has been so used to walking around in bare feet or her pre walker shoes that it is all a bit daunting for her, never had this problem with my other 2 - oh well i guess they all have different personalities.

My kids only ever really wear shoes when we go anywhere, they are barefoot the rest of the time, which did make it a bit hard for them at first to ge used to wearing shoes, but they get it in the end.