Thread: Ngala Perth

Default Ngala Perth

Has anyone been to Ngala for sleep problems ?

Since Eleanor was sick last week she will only fall asleep in her pram and if she does fall asleep in your arms she cries as soon as you put her down. I think it's something that she will grow out off but the sleeping in arms has been going on since birth.

I havent personally been to Ngala but I do know of a few people who have. From my understanding they use a lot of (and I use this term loosely) "controlled crying". But everyone who has been says that they have come away with a different baby and that it works.

Apparently a referral or spot for sleep school can take a few weeks so if you are having problems now I would ring ASAP. They also charge you based on your income level so it can be up to $100-200 per day from my understanding but I could be wrong.

Good luck with her sleep problems.

pmsl, I thought ths was in reference to one of my baby buddies! lol

Sorry gals

Thanks Gabysmum, i thought they did a lot of "controlled crying" and i don't like that idea. A friend of ours had good results from them also.
    Hopefully things will sort themselves out soon.
    I didn't realise they charged that much.

LOL Nicky i thought someone would think it was about Veronica once i posted.

Hey Michelle

i have a close friend and m/w in Perth who provides a postnatal support business for mums and their babies...sleep and settling is one of her specialties...no controlled crying!

if you are interested I can pm you her details (she is north of the river but will travel)

xx yogababy

Thanks Natalie. Could you PM her details for me. Would she still see us with Eleanor being nearly 11months old ?
    We are NOR so she wouldn't have to travel far.

In regards to Ngala I've heard nothing but bad stories & I watched their sleep DVD when I was having troubles & found it no help at all.

I watched a (series) program on SBS a few weeks ago about a centre in the Eastern states (similar to our WA Ngala) that showed different families with a variety of sleep issues...

I must admit I was a bit suprised to see that the settling techniques they implemmented seemed to distress the mother and not address the issues surrounding sleep and settling...of course this is only based on what the media televised

I think it is important to remember, as we all at times struggle with sleep and settling issues with our babies and children, to work with what feels right for you at the time.

I am a firm believer in a consistent approach to sleeping...and do not let my children cry...they may whinge or yell out, but this is different from a true cry...the best method that seems to work for most mothers is to listen to their baby, and be guided by their heart

xx yogababy