Thread: night wetting-nappies

Default night wetting-nappies

HI

Can anyone let me know what nappies they use for nights. DS (7mnths) is now in huggies at night, and every night he leaks right thru to his sleeping bag, then this wakes him up and I have to change him about 5am.. I am not sure what to do, as I am sure he is waking up cos he is so wet. Every night he is in huggies, but today I have gone and bought Woolworth Select ones, and I am thinking of putting a pad in.. he gets so wet. I do give him a dreamfeed, so this doesn’t help.. sometimes he can go back to sleep after the change, but other times he is to awake, as his whole outfit needs to be changed. Any suggestions.. how do others get thru the nights.. 2 nappies on at once maybe??

Welcome to BB December

We had the same issue with Zander once Huggies changed their design. I now have him in the You'll Love Coles brand nappies & he hasn't had a single leak overnight in them & he's a big wetter. They are very full in the morning & more often than not his skin is wet to the touch under the nappy, but no leakage.

Only thing i could suggest is try the next size up. Jesse use to do the same when he was littler and i bought the next size up.. fixed the problem.

NewmumLou Guest

Yeah i was going to mention the same as above, try the next size in nappies and make sure when you are doing the nappy up that the ends cover the hip area as well. I find Huggies are the best to use! Goodluck.... i know it can be so frustrating especially in winter as the poor little things get so cold when you undress them.

i have found target brand dribot nappies to be really good.

Milo did this for a while, was splitting them right thru. I found the woolies select ones were a bit bigger but TBH I have found the new huggies better for night time.

it does not help that he is a tummy sleeper either.

for a while there I was putting maternity pads in his nappy as well to take up some of the extra moisture.

Bamboo - boosted cloth nappies

The only 'sposie to last over night with my son is a You'll Love Coles nappy with a Bebes Nappy Booster in it. Huggies do not last anywhere near as long for us.

The best combo so far has been a Baby Beehinds Bamboo nappy with a bit of extra boosting and a lanolised wool cover. Perfect combo and easily lasts 12 hours!