Thread: No More Dummies

Smile No More Dummies

Yesterday the 'dummy fairy' took Harry's last dummy away in exchange for a matchbox car and some magnetix. I have been reluctant up until now to lose the dummy as I was unsure how he would deal with it as he was quite attached to it but I told myself a while ago that I was not going to buy him any new dummies and just let the one he had run its course. Well it was on it's last legs and ready for the bin so I decided to just do it, hence the arrival of the 'dummy fairy'. And....so far so good! He slept his very first night without the plug last night and he did very well. No big tantrums or upset, just a couple of little whimpers but I just reassured him and sat with him in his room for a while until he was relaxed and about to go to sleep and then I left him and he was fine! He seems to be ok with it and he loves his 'special' new toys and I am so relieved! I just hope tonight goes as well...Yay for my big boy!

Bon

Good for Harry!
    Does the dummy fairy come and take thumbs too? There's one at my house which needs to go......

Hmmm I don't know if the dummy fairy has the right insurance to cover thumb removal...

Thumbs up

Bon, that is fantastic news, well done Harry!

Kaleb is a dummy boy for sleep time, and I am dreading having to go through the withdrawal, so it's great to hear it is going well for you.

Well done Harry.

Sal Guest

that's great to know that a dummy habit can be painlessly stopped! phew!

Good boy Harry. What a big boy you are.

Tehya is my only baby to have a dummy and I have no idea when the "right" time is to get them of it. Don't want to wait til she's too big and harder to get it off her, but then if it gives her some comfort her and gives my bb's a break from comfort sucking.... See really don't know what to do.

Well done to Harry!

It can be done painlessly much to our surprise too - the Easter Bunny replaced Gabys dummy on Easter morning with little choccie eggs and we haven't looked back. There have been a couple of instances when she has been very very upset about something and wants her dummy, all we do is remind her what happened and she is fine with it. Never underestimate kids!