Thread: no poo remedy!!(TMI warning!)

julesy Guest

Talking no poo remedy!!(TMI warning!)

Hi guys,

I posted a thread a few days ago saying I was worried about my Nina and the fact that she hadn't done a poo for 6 days...well, it's day 8, and thanks to a little home remedy recommended by a local chemist/midwife, Nina has finally opened the flood gate (not quite the tsunami of poonami...but close. In fact, we are expecting more...) Thank goodness it was not hard, but quite normal in consistency. I was worried she might be constipated...

I thought you might like the remedy just in case you are ever faced with the prospect of no poo for over 8 days, and are worried about constipation.

1 tablespoon water
    1 tablespoon prune juice
    1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
    1 tablespoon brown sugar

Mix up and give to bubs. I only gave Nina 2 ml and had a result a few hours later. I don't think there's any need to give all of the liquid!! Just a little to start then wait and see.

Some of you probably knew this already...but to us newbies, I thought I'd share the love!

Cheers and happy new year!!!

Julesy

Is nina breat or bottle fed? if breast you can go up to 2 weeks with no poos & it be normal. Sounds like an awlful lot of sugar...

Yes it does sound like a lot but it certainly works. I used a variation of that which was recommended to me by the baby health nurse when talia was little and she hadn't done a poo for 10 days. Worked miracles!!! She was happier, mummy was relieved. When Talia was toilet training as well she got severly constipated and the only way to keep her regular other than using a laxative for at least 6 months as suggested by the doctor, was to give her a dose of that mixture. I think there should be a guide book for new mums that have all those sort of gems in it.

julesy Guest

Nina is breast fed except for a bottle of formula she gets last thing at night. I wouldn't have worried, except that she has that one formula a day...she was also very windy and had instant relief after doing a poo!!

Also, I think I would rather give the small amount of sugar every now and then than resort to medication or suppositories (if she got constipated...)

True. I think its just that it was the combo of Prune & orange juice as well as sugar. The juice would have sugar in it too. I would just give warm water & brown sugar a whirl. Thats what I was told by my mum. I have never had to try it though.

julesy Guest

Yeh, actually come to think of it, someone else mentioned the sugar and water trick too. Or sugar in the formula...

I guess there are many tried and true ways of getting your bubs to poo!!!

Yeah thats all i used on talia was two teaspoons of brown sugar in warm water. Better alternative then having her on a laxative for 6 months.:eek:

My friend did prunes in the vitamiser (I guess that's a super fine puree-er), and that worked for her little one - he didn't need much either I don't think.
    Probably the same for the other recipes too, sounds like a lot of sugar, but they don't actually need much of it at all.