Thread: Noisey Sleeper

Default Noisey Sleeper

My DD would have to be one of the noisiest sleepers I have ever heard and I was just wondering if it is normal? She makes squeaking noises as she falls of to sleep and often sounds like she is trying to clear her throat. Are these normal newborn noises or something that I should get checked out.

i don't know about your DD(who is so adorable,by the way!!)but owen is such a noisy sleeper!!he makes all sorts of noises, sighs,snorts and snores..even whinging..when he was first born my mum said he was 'chasing rabbits'(you know like dogs do!!)i noticed it heaps more when he was in our room..now i can turn the monitor down so that i only hear him when he wants me and its much better..but even just last night he kept me awake for much of the night even though he was asleep..he's just a very heavy sleeper i think!!
    ETA : plus he never stops chattering when he's awake..maybe that has something to do with it?!?

Yep, Cody still squeeks when hes sleeping as well as other noises, he is defineatly more vocal than my other boys were which is something I'm still getting use to.

hugs xoxo

Hi Ali
    My dd was exactly the same! We had her in our room at first feeling we couldn't part from her as she was premmie and had already spent 3 wks away from us. But the noises were so bad and allllllllllll night long that we cup those apron strings early and she was in her own room!!!!!! We figured we needed to sleep too - so with the monitor turned down low we all slept fine. She did eventually become quieter!Good luck with ur little darling

I dont know if this is true or not but someone once told me that baby's only breathe through their nose.

So if their nose becomes a little blocked, they breathe much heavier and noisier to get air flow through them.

This may also be an indication of big adenoids that may be removed later. But your beautiful baby is so young. Hopefully she outgrows it soon

Babies make the most noise I have ever heard! I am really light sleeper & so babies go straight into their own room in our house!!!
    It literally keeps me awake alnight! So in their own room I only hear when they need me!!! Its' perfectly normal!

I'm with Tracey - babies in their own room here too cause I don't get enough sleep otherwise. Once I"m asleep I'm fine but I spend the whole time getting to sleep listening to the noises wondering whether this groans going to progress into waking up noises or not or that wimper is going to be more than a wimper etc. When we go away and they have to share our room I don't get much sleep at all.