Thread: Not smiling

Question Not smiling

Charlie first did a real smile when we was 4 weeks old. He's now almost 7 weeks old and has only smiled maybe 3 times since. I'm a bit worried because he doesn't make much eye contact at all but i've had his eye sight checked and it's fine. I hate comparing but Lily was smiles heaps all the time from the first time she smiled(at 4 weeks). Is this normal for bub not to smile at all?

I say it is yeh. Theyre all different and do things at their own pace. My sister's first always had a smile on his face and her second didnt hardly ever smile. Im not sure when his first smile was but i know for months of him being born i never saw a smile. Half the time he didnt even blink either. It was just him. And now he's 4 and a half and a very alert and happy smiley boy

Tegan i say he is fine and will smile heaps when he is ready but PLEASE try not to compare him to Lily it will just drive you crazy.

Tegan, my nephew hardly ever smiles - he is the hardest kid to try to get to smile, you really have to work on him to do it. Always has been like that - he is just a really serious little baby and he rarely laughs too. Even now at 8 months, he is still really hard to get to smile. So I would say that Master Charlie is just going to make you all work that bit harder to see him smile LOL.

Kaitlyn was never a huge smiler ..had to really work to get her to smile . Now you cant wipe it off her face!! She is laughs at herself and smiles at most things..so I would not worry.

All I can say is all babies are different. I wouldnt worry to much as you have had his eyes check. It will happen. My son was about 9 weeks when he started smiling all the time!!!

Hey Tegan, Just noticed your ticker.. what a gorgeous smile!!

Thanks! It was taken yesterday. First time he has smiled heaps.