Thread: not sure what's going on

Fraser Guest

Default not sure what's going on

Hey there,

it appears Charlie has lost his voice - but I am a bit concerned - it's very strange.

He doesn't have a temp, he is drinking and swallowing well, he doesn't have a cough - but his voice sounds like it does when you have croup or something - it's all high pitched and strained.

He has very red cheeks and a tooth popped out on Monday morning - I think another one is on its way - is it possible for teething to make a baby lose their voice?

It's just so strange - he is unusually happy about going to bed too - he's all smiles at me which is very abnormal - I'm so frightened there is something wrong with him - but byy all indications he's fine.......

any clues anyone?

Fraser Guest

he just woke up for a while - crying with not much sound coming out - I think it's scaring him..... it's bloody well scaring me!!!

That's really odd!
    Must say, if my son lost his voice I'd be darned concerned too - he's a loud one!
    Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the little guy checked out. Better to be safe then sorry.

Best of luck

He might be a littl peturbed at not hearing his own voice when he opens his mouth but might be in no pain at all. I get Laryngitis from time to time and Itotally lose my voice for a number of days but have no other symptoms or pain to go along with it.

Take him to the doc if you're worried but if it's what I get then it's just one of those things...good luck!

I'd get him off to the Dr just to make sure there's nothing wrong.

Milo hasnt' ever lst his voice with teething, and we're up to 16 now.
    He night have a sore throat, I would take him to the doctor.

Fraser Guest

I took him to the Dr this morning - he has a mild viral infection - the sort that can result in Croupe (sp?) - but the Dr isn't worried said it looks like he is on the mend anyway (his voice is back this morning) he reckons he just picked up a bit of a virus because he is teething and the virus has enflamed his vocal cords. He has a slight viral rash on his back too.

no need for antibiotics - the Dr reckons he'll be fine in a day or two.

poor little man! I've got a squeaky little mouse for a son!

I hope he feels better soon Emily.
    He is SO cute in your ticker photo!