Thread: Not very wet Nappies...

Question Not very wet Nappies...

I'm a bit concerned as Seth hasn't had a reall *soggy* nappy in a while. He had gastro a couple of weeks ago, and since then his nappies just haven't been the same. He's been pooing fine.... but it seems his nappies just aren't as wet as they used to be. I let him have some nappy free time this morning and he had 2 little accidents not big puddles but 2 little ones. So he is urinating. He's been feeding every 3-4 hours and I've been offering him water in a sippy cup when its been hot...

He hasn't been showing any signs of fever or sickness? Should I go to the dr or should I not be concerned as they are wet... Is it because of the heat or could it be something more serious?

I have done the pinch test to see if he's hydrated and he's fine...

???

*hugs*
    Cailin

Maybe he is just utilising all the fluid in his body to get over his gastro and not having much output?

Are his poos still softer than normal? Cause that could be where more of the fluid is going?

His urine doesnt smell a bit funny does it? As I think reduced urination can be a sign of a UTI, however it doesnt really sound to me like that would be it if as he is feeling fine with no fever etc.

I've just done what I tell people not to do (just after posting) and did some searching and found it could be a UTI He had a slight fever this morning and it had me thinking then I remembered the nappies... I've called the Dr and she's going to call me back as I think she wants to get a sterile urine sample... I'd rather be safe than sorry.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Good idea Cailin, if it is a UTI, getting on top of it early will save him a lot of discomfort.

Yeah definately worth checking out Cai as they can get bad pretty quickly. Aidyn was so sick when he had a UTI last year, because I didnt pick up on it until I noticed the bad smell of his urine.

Hope you can find out for sure soon, and that little Seth is on the mend soon!

On a positive not Cai... Kiara's nappies were the same, just not full and whilst at the M&CHN we weighed a dry one and one that was about the lightest she had been doing, and it worked out that it was a 80ml wee... so that was fine... now though back to full ones!

Hope Seth is fine and it's nothing to worry about..

Mel

How you to tell if its a UTI? Would the urine smell differently? milo has some days with less wet nappies, and some days with very full ones, and I would not have the first idea what indicators of a UTI are.