Thread: Now how do i do this?

Question Now how do i do this?

Just took Lily to the after hours GP because she's been quite sick the last few days. Now i have to get a wee sample from her just to rule out a UTI. She's not toilet trained in any way so how am i going to be able to do this? The GP has only given me 2 wee jars. I've let Lily run around naked before but she can hold on for hours and then when we're not looking she'll go on the floor, so this is going to be really difficult!

Awww I know how you feel. Sammy had a convulsion on Easter Sunday and we stayed in hospital and had to do the same thing. We found that we were able to have his nappy off and read him some books for a while giving him drinks as well and it didnt take long at all to get a full sample...as well as wet wee pants for mummy!

Jo

I remember ages back my sister had to get a sample off her lil girl and she got some special wee collector. It was sticky and u stuck it onto the vagina area and then you pulled it off when there was a sample....hurt her DD tho cos it was sticky to pull of.

They should have given you a wee collector to stick on Lily. I don't understand why they don't give them out when they want samples.

You should be able to get one from a chemist that is where i got ones for Alexander.

The only thing i can think of that you can do is get a small plastic bag and tape it to her till she goes to the toilet.

DS had seizures when he was about 14 months old and when they wanted a urine sample, they either packed the nappy with cotton wool (him being a boy, they just stuck it over his bits), or they just let him really soak the nappy, then took that!

It's amazing how differently places do things.

We were told that they dont like to use the sticky bags (after wed used one) because they collect bacteria, skin cells etc so dont give an accurate picture of what is going on...hense the trying to catch it free.

Jo

I had to get one from my DD couple months back, luckily for me she isn't at a running around stage.
    As above mentioned they don't really use the bags as it can pick up other bacterias but in your situation it may be the only thing to do just to get it.
    If you can try and get one of those stick on bags then check regularly if she has done something then immediately get it into the jar. The quicker you get it transfered the less likely of other bacterias.