Thread: nuk dummies

Default nuk dummies

just read the 'choice' website for shonky awards and saw that the nuk dummy is very unsafe. only problem is its the only one my DD will use. does anyone know of another brand with the same kind of teat/nipple thing?

Jesse uses the avent ones and wont use any others. The teats are slightly flatened rather than being round so i think it makes it easier to suck on inbetween the roof of their mouth and their tongue. They also come with cases which my Nuk one didnt.
    We were given a Nuk one and i refuse to use it for Jesse.. its just not worth the risk to me.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; December 15th, 2006 at 09:54 AM.

YAY! i found one with the exact same teat. its a Heinz Baby Basics one. i better just go and check it out on the shonky website first though.

the nuk ones in the choice report are starlight I think.
    hollo, glad you found something. As the others said, it was the small size of the guards on the nuk one that was a problem, babies were able to get the whole thing inside their mouthes..

Hollo my daughter uses the Heinz baby basic and loves them, they are one of the dummies that rated really well in the choice tests. They can be a little difficult to find with the orthodontic teat, the only place I have found them in Perth so far is Big W

Kiara has the Hienz ones too... they were one of the safest in the choice reports!