Thread: obsessive

Default obsessive

Hi,

Ds is now 16mnths old, and a very very active boy. he has one of those little bikes you can sit on and get around the house in.. well now, he has started going crazy on it. like last night he was on it non stop for like 30mins, just go go go? he thought it was hilarious, but he is fascinated with it?

Does anyone else have a toddler who is just fascinated with one toy? even this morn, when I got him out of his cot, he was more intested getting on his bike and be off on it, then having a drink /food etc..

Also a fascination with opening closing doors, like non stop, and If I tell him to stop it, will crack it? is this weird, an obsessive with opening and closing doors. drawers etc

My DD is very obsessed with her Pink Blanket She loves it. She wont sleep without it.

She doesnt really have a toy that is like that though, she changes every now and then.

Her loves her baby dolls though, she will sit putting them to sleep for hours at a time!!!

so normal lol

omg, compulsive opening and closing doors can be a sign of autism. should i be concerned

if you are concerned see a doc , but my ds has 1 fave toy and doesnt care about the rest ...

It's worth getting him checked JIC if it gives you peace of mind, but maybe he is just enjoying the "mechanics" and noise of it.

Daniel obsessively opens and closes doors and does not have autism. Just simply likes opening and closing doors.......... Do you know why he does it? 'Cause he can. Just like - why does a dog lick his "ahems"?

I'm certainly not about to get him tested for autism. Daniel also loves his trike and if he's not on it, will wheel it around.

lettypuss, thank you, thank you,.. i actually did another search and it is quite common... its weird but wow it keeps him occupied.

my 10 month old loves opening and closing doors, and also opening anthing that can be opened then shutting it again, also lifting up the rug and putting it back down... i would have thought its all a normal part of development.

No probs December. Emma1979, I think they like getting their fingers jammed in stuff - that's why............. it would have to be. Daniel's constantly doing it.

I've bought some of those thingos so he can't close the doors fully, but now he's starting opening drawers. So I have to find something so he can't do that.

Back on the obsessive thing. Now that he has discovered he can open the kitchen drawers, it doesn't matter where you put him down in the house he's like a homing pigeon - straight to the kitchen.

Yes! My DS is obsessed with matchbox cars!! He no longer puts anything in his mouth so hes fine with them, but he just carries them around all day, will not put them down! Though im happy as they only cost $2 so hes easily amused!

Yep very normal. DD is constantly opening the kitchen drawers. Can't keep her away from them. Also opening and closing the video cabinet drawers. She also loves pulling everything out of the drawers. I am to have to look at getting baby locks now for drawers and cabinet, well most of them have to let her have some fun!

Open, shut, open, shut............ arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggg