Thread: Oh my gosh! Almost walking at 7 months!

Default Oh my gosh! Almost walking at 7 months!

I can't believe it - i think DD is almost walking.

Even at 6 months i would find her standing up in her cot (cheeky monkey), and she will pull herself up to standing to get into things like the toy box, but today i turned around and she was hanging onto the rungs on the safety gate - and then moving her hands onto the next one and stepping along.

Then i got her the block trolley, and she can walk along with it it i hold it down (it is so light she tips it otherwise).

Is that freakily abnormal?

Anyone else got an early almost-walker?? No good can come of this... i used to think it was great when DS reached his milestones, with her i just realise all the extra work it involves

Hehehehehe that was Seth Its fun LOL! It freaked me out as much as it is you don't worry Goooo Hama!

Matilda did that too!! At 7months she was cruising... but it took her 2 more months to walk.

My sister was walking at 6 months! She was tiny too and all the photos we have of her walking at that age look so strange but so cute.

I was running when I was 7 months and speaking in sentences at 10 months!!

Um Caleb walked at 9 months but I can't remember exactly when he was cruising. Will try and remember ROFL.

Go hama
    Last edited by Yael; May 4th, 2009 at 11:44 AM.

Oh yes! I had an early starter too!! Avaleigh loved walking with us holding her hands and then starting walking along with her walker around 7 months and at 9 months she was full on walking - surprised everyone how early she was walking.

It was great and a lot of fun!

My ds was crawling at 5.5mths and started cruising the following weekend. Health nurses kept telling me that he'll be walking by 7mths, then 8mths, then 9mths and the latest was 12mths.... pfff He's 10mths now and pushes his walker round, but wont walk (or stand) on his own unless you're holding his hand/s. There's a little boy at mothers group who started walking about 2 wks ago, and he's 10mths.

It's amazing when they start, isn't it? I can't wait for ds to start, but then again I can.... I want my baby to be a baby while he can!

What a clever little one she is! Oskar will be 15 months tomorrow and he's only just taken his first unaided steps a week ago! Not that I minded that! However, Joshua walked at 9 months. I think the difference was that Oskar never crawled, he bum shuffles and things to him are at eye level not above like when they crawl, so he never felt inclined to...that's how I think it has been anyway.

Cooper has only just started walking now at 15mnths and still prefers to crawl.

LOL at you thinking no good can come of this Yael. I always knew she would keep you on your toes that girl

Alister has been cruising for a few months now and is walking along behind his popper bike now by himself - its only a matter of time here now, but I would be more than happy for him to slow down a bit.

DS was cruising along at six and a half months, first steps alone at 9m, now at 16m he can walk halfway to nursery in the morning (about 1km away).

You're right, far too much work - why isn't he one of those babies that just stays put when you put them down?

From what i've heard early crawlers are usually late walkers. Early walkers are usually late crawlers, if they crawl at all!

mmm.... Matilda started commando crawling at 4.5mths, crawling properly at 6mths, cruising at 7mths and walking at 9mths!

I had a crawler at 4.5mths and she walked at 9mths. There are no rules, just children to like to change them

Gosh my little miss is only doing the roll over thing. We get the sit up and wobble but only if we hold her, Very strong back and neck but hips not so strong lol.. Very strong on her legs as well if you hold her..

Slow down little miss...

Yael, Jack walked at 9 1/2 months and boy did that make life difficult. So I feel sorry for you hun LOL!! But how exciting!!

Wow....my little Sam has just hit 9 months and she has only just learnt to sit on her own. She has NFI about what to do next - LOL......

Does she looks 'funny' as in too tiny, walking ???......wow, you want them to grow up, but not that quickly.....