Thread: oh no they do grow up...

Fraser Guest

Default oh no they do grow up...

ok I just had a little cry packing Charlie's capsule away...

...he's too big for it now and we've had to buy a reversable car seat to fit his fat little bottom in.

So I cleaned the capsule and packed it away whilst crying......

what is something that you have felt very emotional about your bubba growing out of?

Em!

(I think I might keep the capsule in my bedroom for a while until I'm really ready to say goodbye and put it in the garage.... I love that capsule *sniff*)

I try not to spend time being too sentimental.. coz I'm scared I'll miss something! LOL. They grow and change so much, so quickly! We're nearly 8 months here, and he's such a little boy now, and I reckon he even has his sense of humour kicking in now.

I guess we haven't had the 'grow out of' stage yet, coz he started in a cot (so didn't have the bassinet to cot sadness) and we've had a convertible carseat (so no putting away a capsule) altho, we're a bit overdue in turning his seat around, poor kid.. strains to look out over the seat atm. LOL.

I often wonder where my entirely dependent TINY newborn has gone tho! It's so true that they dont stay babies for long.

I felt that way when i had to pack away some of Jesse's clothes that he doesnt fit into any more... most of all the 0000.. and especially his coming home outfit. A couple of weeks ago we packed away his cradle as he could stick his arms out both sides and hes now in a cot.. i shed some tears then.
    I was only saying to DH last night how sad (in a good way) it is our little boy is growing up.. i remember when he just lay in his cradle and looked around, nothing much phased him.. now he doesnt like lying down much when hes awake and he has all these different moods he goes through.. even though i hated labour witha passion.. i cant wait to have another brand new baby

OOOH, wait til the first day of Kinder & then school.... My Mum & I were really good til we walked outta the class & Maddy was already comfy & happily playing with the other kids & we both got in the car looked at each other & burst into tears!

With Indah I feel sad about some clothes etc that I have had to pack away due to her growing too quickly......

This is going to sound really silly, but i got very emotional when my boys outgrew their newborn nappies

Fraser Guest

oh yeah me too Naomi! I remember when the newborn nappies were so big I had to fold the top half down!! Now my little monster is in crawlers and he's only 15 weeks old!!

I must be the only person who embraced the whole out of newborn phase
    She was such a painful, chucky, unpleasant little creature who (I'll be honest) I didn't bond with for the first few weeks.
    I couldn't wait until she was a toddler and alot more fun to interact with.
    Once she gets out of the feral toddler stage, and into the cute toddler stage, I'll be wanting to push pause for a few years I think.
    Apparently shane cried when his other kids started school. He took the day off work!!!

Fi, it is terribly emotional, I know I spent the first 2 wks of my return to work after having Indah sobbing into my keyboard!!!

Now I only call once or twice a day to see how she is!!!! hee hee

Fee Guest

Fraser we're about to move Cooper from his capsule to a convertible car seat too!!! It will be a bit sad.

And Cooper's also in Crawlers but I was excited each time he moved up to the next size nappy! LOL

Love My Baby Guest

I had a bit of a tear the other day because I handed something to my DS and he took it no problems (has been doing that for ages, but I was due so emotional hehe).

He is 9 months.

I was sad packing away her premmie clothes -just so tiny - it's hard to believe she ever fit in them!!!! As well as when i packed away her baby toys like her bouncer, floor activity gyms, mobile etc... Gee she's just so grown up now (prob why i'm preg again - lol!)

NewmumLou Guest

I know it is amazing how much they grow, and how quickly. I was in the shopping centre the other week and heard a new born baby cry.... i thought... oh i miss that cry, so cute.

Fraser Guest

That's funny Lou - I remember that cry grating on my nerves and making me sob!!!!!!

Fraser - I remember how quickly my charlie grew out of the capsule! he is 6 months and weighs over 10 kilo's i also remember how cute the little nappies were.
    They just grow up sooo quick - 9 months being pregnant takes for ever but then it feels like i only brought him home yesterday!