Thread: Oil heaters in bedrooms

Default Oil heaters in bedrooms

Hi Girls ,

it is getting sooo cold now and Kaitlyn is waking during the night even though she is all rugged up. I have to keep her door closed as we have two cats so I cant warm the house to keep her room warm.

So my question is can you put an oil heater own low over night in a bedroom with a door closed????

Cass

Cass, we have one on it Tehya's room. It has a thermostat on it so once it reaches a certain temp it switches itself off then back on when it drops. The Childrens Hospital at Westmead actually recommended us to get one last year when Tehya was in there with phneaumonia. We don't shut the door all of the way up either, most of the way though.

I would say yes but try to use one with a thermostat and automatic switch off. Also the oil colum heaters aren't as dehydrating as air conditioners or radiators, so perhaps safer in that way.

By oil heater.. you mean column heater? We have one on low in Tallon's room, and his door is often shut. Altho now I think about it, we don't completely shut it. BUt it doesn't take up oxygen or anything like a gas heater.. if that's what worries you?

I hope it IS alright.. we've been doing it for while LOL.

Yep you can, as far as I know we've been doing it too! As I was told they are safest for babies as they don't dry out the air and just take the chill off so they aren't freezing etc.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks girls ...we dont have one with the thermostat thingo but I will just leave it on low. Hopefully she will not wake up with a cold nose and cold little fingers anymore ..poor bubba!

Cass