Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Older Baby Sleep Situation *HUGE*

Thanks Christy, i do hope it's a stage. I will stick to routine then and hope for the best!! I so don't want to get angry and grumpy, but it is sooo hard (as Im SURE all you mums understand). my heart does go out to you and I hope you all get some well needed rest soon! BABY SLEEP VIBES for us all!! xoxoox

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'll post more later but I find that at 18 months, if Elijah has a nap during the day, he's up til late and I regret encouraging him to sleep during the day! But if I can keep him awake, he's crashed by 7-7.30pm. With Marisa being almost 4, if I wake her up earlier, she's ready for bed earlier too. If she goes to bed late, she only sleeps in so this is a nightmare getting her tired earlier and getting up for kinder :fuming:

My two are old enough not to cry and be overtired, but what I find seems to work for them is just to tire them out completely, keeping them as active as possible during the day and if they are still wide awake after dinner, John will take them to the park, then it's bath then bed. Or if they have had a bath and still tired, he will just take them for a walk. Much easier to do the bed thing then.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Odette wrote
    I wonder if our little people see 'spirit' people and that is who they are playing with. Or perhaps that is why they are sometimes scared.
    What do you guys think
    I definately think this is the case with Milo.

His night time sleeping is so far OK (touch wood), its the settling to sleep at bedtime, and the near total lack of daytime sleep that are the problem.

Some days he will have no daytime sleep at all, others he'll have a morning sleep after his first feed, but usually thats it for the day unless we drive somewhere, or he falls aslepp after a feed.

Of an evening, he likes to feed continually as it gets closer, and passes, bedtime, and its normally at least 10pm before he goes to sleep for the night, and lately he's up at around 7am.

So he probably averages between 11 -12 hours sleep in 24 hours, and its not as though he isn't tired in between, he just doesn't want to sleep.

Hi girls. Matilda woke up last night & started playing with the new nightlight we got (trying to rule out fear of the dark...) and played for 1 hour! We were just laying in bed hearing "snap, snap *giggle giggle* snap, snap..." Finally she got back to sleep, but this nap today its been an hour already and I'm almost ready to give up.... she's playing with her teddys but is really tired and when I go in she jumps in her bed and closes her eyes....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12