Thread: OMG - 6 hours sleep in 24.

Default OMG - 6 hours sleep in 24.

Milo went to bed at 7:30 last night, like usual.

He woke up at 11:45, 12:45, 1:30 -4 awake & crying, nodding off and wake everytime I put him to bed, asleep 4-5, awake, back asleep at 5:10ish, woke at 5:30 and reselttled himself til 6:30 when he woke up/got up for the morning.

This has never happened before! What happened to my good boy who would sleep no less that 10hours at night, and resettle himself if he did wake.

I don't know if its more teeth (he's never been upset like this at night with teething before, and has the front 4 top & bottom), or he was cold (our ducted heating broke last week so we're running off the coonara, but he was rugged up OK according to his grobag thermometer.

Has anyone else had this happen all of a sudden?

Melinda Guest

Yep, happened to Jacob!

He slept beautifully until he was 6.5 months old, then it all went pear-shaped. He started waking up to a dozen times a night (no joke!)

For him, it was all related to developmental milestones and teething doesn't help either unfortunately! LOL

Is Milo learning to do anything new, crawling perhaps? He may have a busy little mind if he's learning new things.........for Jacob, this really was a HUGE thing to overcome and has always been linked to tantrums etc as well......

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh no! You poor thing, will he sleep if you co-sleep? That was sometimes the only way I could get Jonah to go to sleep if I just couldn't stay up with him.

Matilda goes through this with every developmental change or any change at all in our household or lives. Sometimes she goes through it without reason. I don't have answers other than *hugs*

well, last night was back to normal. We'll see how tings go. I guess its just one big adventure.

yes, he is just crawling. backwards at the moment, so I find him all over the cot! He does wake up at night someimes, but its usually just 'la la la..mum mum..dad..dad..' and back to sleep.

I know I'm being whingy and should be happy I've got such a great baby. I just get a bit freaked out when he does something thats just 'not Milo' I guess. Oh well, part of the learning curve for me.

Bec - co-sleeping has never worked with Milo, and I'm not sure why. He seems to think its playtime if he's in our bad

Yep Emily started this up at nine months after previously sleeping 11 hours every night without waking since she was a couple of months old. Pretty rude shock to the system!!

Hers was a combination of things - teething, she got her first four teeth in one week, and about a week after that she sat up and crawled in a matter of a couple of days. Unfortunately after waking every night for a week she kept doing so out of habit long after the teeth were through, which was when it became an issue for us. It took us a couple of weeks more to get her back to sleeping through again, which she then continued to do until the next bout of sleeplessness at 18 months (due to sickness). Unfortunately this time it's been a bit harder to recover from but that's a different thread!

I think even the best sleepers will do this from time to time, but it does throw you for a loop when you've been spoiled so long
    Last edited by Tobily; August 17th, 2006 at 10:12 AM.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hooray last night was better, fingers crossed for more nights like that.