Thread: OMG he's stacking blocks!!!!

Talking OMG he's stacking blocks!!!!

Seth just turned 11 months and he's stacking blocks!!!!!

I can't believe it Paris didn't start till she was at least 18 mths old (now I know she was slightly slower in the motor skills dept).

Whats the average?

*hugs*
    Cailin

LOL yay Seth! Tallon successfully smashes my stacked blocks! does that count? LOL. Tallon's pretty cluey with the shape sorter I must admit.. he knows they should go in the holes.. just hasn't worked out the shapes themselves yet.

I have no idea what the average ages are for these things tho!

hehehe LOVE the smashing Seth has a nick name of Bam Bam

I haven't tried Seth on the shape sorter... from memory Paris got the shape sorter before stacking.

*hugs*
    Cailin

that is unreal that he can stack the blocks! my nephew was 11 months old and he knew to put the farm animals in the barn and close the gate behind them. charlie is no were near knowing any of that.

i wonder how seth will go with the shapes sorter

abs Guest

what sort of blocks are you using ??

We have about 50 Peek-A-Blocks, and I've been trying to beat someones record of 31 (I bought about a dozen from someone on eBay - her hubby had a "record" of 31) - only just got over 20 so far. That is when someone here doesn't make his way over to me and does that Bam Bam trick

Cheapy wooden blocks with the alphabet on them... old school the ones that come in a little trolley... had similar ones when I was little.

BAM BAM!

*hugs*
    Cailin

hehehe... check out my ticker! I've got a BamBam too! LOL

WTG Seth what a clever boy you are !! I don't know how old my boys were doing that sort of stuff. But Kameron is very very cluey when it comes to problem solving and puzzles apparently, all his teachers comment on it at Kindy.

Love

DS will be ONE YEAR old on the 13th and he is still a tower smasher! He has worked out how to put the lid on the shape sorter box but hasn't really figured out how to sort them or how to stack blocks yet. Having said that I haven't really sat down with him to see what he CAN do with them. Our new things in the past week or so have been clapping and walking (sort of)!! He took about 3 very shaky steps Monday week ago and I think it scared him because it is REALLY hard to get him to try to do it again!
    Congrats to Seth on figuring it out - he is a clever boy indeed!

I just read this today and only half an hour ago my little Seth started stacking mega blocks (the big lego ones). Only two (one on the other) and then pulling them apart. I haven't tried him on stacking regular wooden blocks.

They catch on so quick!! All of a sudden it seems they can do alot. Seth started putting the shapes in the shape sorter last week too (he likes the circle - the esasiest one ). He seems to learn a lot from Blake. Congrats to your little Seth!!

Yay on all the block stackers hehe. Kaitlyn still only smashes them although she is a fan of the shape sorted.

yay for Seth!!! and Tallon and all our clever little bubs.
    Imran doesn't get much time with the blocks because Yasin always zooms in and does it for him but he's good with his duplo (yasin doesn't interfere in that because he has his meg-bloks) and he can throw a ball.

Yay on Seths block stacking, what a smart little bub! And all the other bright babies.

I think Logan started knocking blocks down when he was 9months (he couldn't stand seeing anything stacked or even stand anything being on a surface within reach, he would happily make sure that everything was in a heap on the floor), and at 10 months he was stacking blocks and using the shape sorter.

At the moment his newest tricks are trying to take things apart and opening things with lids, especially screw tops if someone hasn't done them up tight enough. He loves to unscrew the lid for the dogs dry food and "feed" them.

Cailin - you must find there is a lot more time to sit down and play with Seth now with Paris at school ? I can't believe how quiet it is with one away all day ! I never wanted a four year gap between children, but it's worked out really well. ANd having all the baby toys out again.

Alex is a packer and a tipper.